Oat - Banana Chocolate Biscuits

Hello everybody!
How’s everyone doing? I’m doing quite good therefor that school is sucking out all of my energy, but I'm nearly finished, finally! Anyway, let’s get on with the post!

So today’s blog post is going to be about one of my favourite recipes of all time! The best thing about this is that it is with chocolate but it is still healthy, how amazing is that? These biscuits are vegan, as I am vegan, but you can easily switch things up and use milk chocolate instead of dark one.  And trust me they are so easy to make but yet so delicious. I found this recipe on YouTube, I just wanted to make sure that the "owners" of this recipe were mentioned, but it's not quite popular, so I thought what better idea than writing a blog post about it? So here ya go:

You will need:
                               3 very ripe bananas
                               2 cups old fashioned oats
                               ½ cup vegetable oil
                               1 cup pitted, dried medjool dates (you can use any kind you like)
                               ½ cup chocolate chips
                               1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
                               ¼ teaspoon salt
Onto the method:

First things first you want to mash the bananas in a large bowl until they are smooth. Then you chop your dates into little chunks, if you can find pre chopped ones use those you’ll save a lot of time, same goes for the chocolate! Add all the left ingredients to your mixing bowl and mix everything together until it’s well combined. Preheat your oven to 150° degree Celsius now.

Put a baking sheet on a tray and put little scoops of the mixture on top of it, press them down a bit to give the illusion of the original “cookie form”. Now bake them in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, this could take you longer or shorter depending on your oven. This mixture should make about 40 biscuits, but again this is depending on how large you make your scoops.

After that let them cool down for about 3 minutes, I know that is not very long but they are so good when they are still warm and the chocolate is all melted, yummy! Don't be put off by dates, I know they are not everyone ’s cup of tea, they usually aren't mine either but in these biscuits they are so good!



Now that’s going to be it for today, do make sure to leave me some comments down below if you liked to have a little sneak peak into my kitchen and if you’d like me to write more about my “sweeties” that I like to treat myself with.  And please also make sure to send me pictures over on my twitter account or tag me in an instagram photo if you recreate them!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments