TheGoodway Book Club: I heart London by Lindsey Kelk| thegoodway

Hello you beautiful bunch of people,

and welcome to our first session of the "The Goodway Book Club". If you don't know what I'm talking about then check out my post where I explained everything in detail here The Goodway Book Club. But for now grab yourself a cuppa and let's get started.


For the first book I chose the wonderful book "I heart London" by Lindsey Kelk. It was published by "Harper Collins Publisher" as the 5th of its glorious sisters. It all started with "I heart New York" where Angela Clark escaped to New York from her very screwed up life in London. She left behind her cheating dumbass ex-boyfriend and her newly-wed best friend Louisa, after breaking Louisa's husbands hand on their wedding day. Classy, clumsy but brave Angela started a new life in New York where everything finally fell into place. She had a best friend, Jenny, who's ever so slightly clumsy and needs a little help every now and then (so not understating) but still being a wonderful person who has her heart in the right place. And then there's Alex, her boyfriend soon to be husband. The both of them are absolutely different in every way but a dream couple indeed. Now she's back in London for her mother's birthday and she's not being ecstatic about it. Especially after her Mum declared and suggested that her and Alex should get married in a week's time. She finds herself faced with all the things she ran away to New York for in the first place, has to handle her eagerly mother who is still the same good old British tea drinker cliche, the man that broke her heart two years ago on the back seat of their car and Grace, Louisa's baby. All things that she wouldn't have been able to manage two years ago, but is she able to do so now?

I love a good-laugh book which leaves you warm and fuzzy and thinking about if your own life will ever end up like hers. British humor meets American sarcasm, is the perfect description for this book. Lindsey Kelk definitely didn't fail with this brilliant story of love, weddings, best friends, best friends trying to kill each other, an annoying mother and her stunning lead singer from Brooklyn who sweeps of her feet off the floor.

If you are in search of a good summer read then I would highly suggest you get your hands on this book! You won't be able to put it down, trust me I know what I'm talking about. Plus your evenings will be filled with laughter and learning the American language in it's most glorious state. It's the sun shine on a gloomy, cloudy and rainy day. It has for sure made it's way up in my "top five books" list.

That's going to be it for the first review of The Goodway book club, if you want to join it for the next read "The Versions of us" by Laura Barnett, then make sure to let me know by leaving me a comment!

Mary going offline xx

2 comments

  1. This looks like such an interesting book!! Might have to get myself a copy! // withinthecity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Let me know if you do decide to read it, I'd love to know!

      Delete