Changing the Attitude | thegoodway

Hello my loves,

and welcome back to my blog! I hope all of you are doing well and that you had a great weekend. To further relax yourself, why don't you grab yourself a cup of tea, lean back and let me jump straight into today's post.

Today I am going to talk about some topic, which I haven't done in a while because I had a feeling that not many people seemed to like it, but then again I'm writing this blog because I want to and I should write about what I want, right? So today's topic is all about attitude.

To begin with, many people don't know where their attitude comes from, does it come from me? Or is someone else responsible for how I see different things, how I act and how I speak? When really it's a mixture of both of these. Confused now? Let me explain: The way you act, the way you speak, the way you think surely is influenced by the people surrounding you, by your friends, family, enemies (if you happen to have some!), and most importantly by society.

Society plays such a big part in our lives these days, that some people let it choose their attitude. Society has actually planted a really wrong picture in our head, with its masterpiece of a wrong story that influences everyone around the world. Everyone has to be skinny, has to wear monochrome clothes, is not allowed to do this, is not allowed to do that, has to think in a certain way and is not allowed to be their true self. And when you do happen to be any different than what society says, then everyone stares at you like you're an alien.

I, myself, have some real life experience with this type of staring and not following the lead. Back in the day, when I used to actually worry about what other people were thinking about me and worrying about not being as they wanted me to be, I was concerned about society ruining me. I mean, let's be honest, when you're a teenager, and already controlled by hormones, the last thing you need is the world telling you that if you don't follow the lead, and don't do as everyone else, you won't be good enough. That's actually the worst someone can tell a teenager, but that's exactly what I was told, and did I listen? No, I didn't because I never understood the concept of being like everyone else, I mean there is only one you in this world so why not be unique?

Of course being a teenager and not listening to what others tell you, others hating your for what you are and getting bullied because of being you is not pretty. But really, I wouldn't change a single thing now thinking back. All of these experiences made an impact on who I am today, and the outcome of being myself, not listening and being unique is an incredibly happy and strong woman.

But before we get to the real good stuff, let me tell you what happened a few months ago. Basically school was getting more and more stressful with every second, I had some drama in my family going on and let society influence me. I knew it wasn't right, but I fell in kind of a winter depression, as you call it. And that was the time were I started being really unhappy with myself, with my outta looking and my attitude. I felt like not being enough for anything and was near a break down. But then there was this little girl inside of me, talking about how much I've been threw already and how I caught myself every time. This little girl inside of me was my saviour, I caught myself at the right time, and told myself that I had to change something, that this wasn't going to be my attitude! And that's what I did.

Ever since, I just see everything differently , I don't take things for granted anymore, I don't let other people tell me what to do, what in their opinion is better for me, because only I can say what's good for me and what's not. And even then if I might have done a mistake I don't beat myself up, mentally, instead I learn by it. That's life, people. Making wrong decisions is part of living a happy life, there is no such thing where you only make right choices and are happy because of that. If something doesn't work, don't tell yourself that you're not good enough for it and let it drop, no, continue doing it until you succeed. Now transfer this attitude to everything in your life, be who you are and be unique, then I can guarantee you, you will be happy.

Now, that's going to be it for this topic today. I know it's very deep, but I just felt like throwing this out there, and tell the world, although I have to say I was a bit unsure of writing about my past, in the end I'm glad I did. I do hope that you liked reading something different to my usual beauty and fashion posts, and please let me know if you can rely to this, and don't hesitate to leave me your stories in the comments down below! I'd also love you to send me an email, and please share this post over on your social medias!

My happy, encouraging song: Fight Song - Rachel Platten



Mary going offline xx 

Disclaimer: I do not own the picture above. All rights reserved to Google.

0 comments