The Ultimate Shopping Outfit | thegoodway

Hello my beautiful friends,

and welcome back to a new blog post of mine! I do hope that all of you are doing really well and that your week has been amazing.

For today's post I wanted to do a kind of "Get ready with me" kind of a helpful post about getting ready for a shopping day. So that's exactly what I'm going to do, so grab yourself a cuppa get comfy and I hope you enjoy.

Starting off with makeup. Now with makeup you can really do whatever you want, you can do heavy eyes if that's your style, or you can go very simple and classic as I did with winged liner, mascara and a nude lip. I wouldn't wear a bright statement lip because chances are not very high that you have a lot of time to reapply it throughout your shopping spree. But if you really want to wear something bright then I'd definitely suggest to go for a matte one, maybe even a liquid lipstick as they really just stay on your lips for ages. And if you're more of a glossy lip girl then I'd say try to find a lipgloss that is not sticky because the last thing you want is to have your lipgloss getting everywhere on the clothes you're trying on. Here I went for a creamy lipstick that can easily wear off throughout the day and still leaves my lip with a hint of colour.


For hair, I wouldn't recommend doing a fancy hair style, as it would just get ruined by trying on different tops, and the last thing you want is to stand there with the messiest hair you probably have ever had. So either way go for your hair just falling down as it is or try a a top bun which you will have to secure really good with some bobby pins, that's what I did for this day, It looks good, classy and chic but you don't have to put much effort into it.


Now onto the outfit, which is probably the trickiest out of all the things. When going shopping it's all about simplicity. So jeans, a simple t-shirt, cardigan if it's cold, a jacket and a pair of shoes that you cane easily put on and off if trying on some jeans, skirts or dresses. When it's warm enough I actually love to wear a dress because they are so easy to work with, you can just quickly chuck it on and off. I wouldn't recommend going for a button up shirt or anything complicated where you will just spend ages in the changing rooms taking off your day wear. For this outfit I went for some simple dark blue jeans, a stripy t-shirt, a black cardigan which you can't see and a jacket.


Another tip would be going for a smaller bag or even a rucksack (or backpack, whatever you call them) so your bag doesn't get in the way.















What I'm wearing:

Top - Zara
Jeans- Zara
Jacket - River Island
Shoes - Deichmann
Lipstick - Urban Decay Revolution lipstick "Naked"

That's going to be it for today guys, I do hope you enjoyed it and found it helpful. If you did like ti then please let me know that by leaving me a comment down below and sharing this post over on your social medias. I'd also love to know what your staple pieces for going shopping are so leave me those in the comments down below as well. See you next time.

Mary going offline xx

2 comments

  1. This is totally a good outfit for shopping, definitely something you can just take on and off! x

    Eleanorclaudie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure, I've mad so many mistakes with my dressing options when going shopping in the past, so glad I know more about it now! xo

      Delete