The Goodway Book Club: Love From Paris by Alexandra Potter

Hello my beautiful friends,

and welcome back to my blog! It's been a while since I last uploaded a new post, and I'm very sorry for that but life has been crazy lately. Anyway I am finally back with lots of goodies coming your way very soon and I am very happy to be back again. Let me stop rambling now, grab yourself a cuppa and let's get into today's post!

Today I'm going to share my review of our third book from "The Goodway Book Club" with you which is "Love from Paris" by the author Alexandra Potter. It was published by Hodder & Stoughton.


Ruby is devastated after her boyfriend stands her up at the airport for his job, even though he should have come for her birthday. Leaving all of the romantic pieces she just bought for her birthday weekend with boyfriend Jack behind, Ruby Miller takes her packed bags and jumps on the next Eurostar heading towards France, Paris. Determined to help her friend Harriet to finally find love Ruby tries everything to keep her mood uplifted and to pair her off with the stunning and most kindly waiter at Harriet's local cafe. During all the love drama Harriet takes Ruby with her for an auction job where Ruby starts to discover a big mystery that started in the 30's. Keeping the love letters, she found at the apartment where time stood still, a secret from Harriet, Ruby travels back in time trying to solve the biggest love mystery between Emmanuelle and Henry. Their love has kept strong even over nearly a whole century and Ruby is more than willing to find out what happened to them. Did Emmanuelle marry the love of her life or did she live up to family traditions and married a stranger? And what happened to Henry's writing? Despite of living in fear of the near coming war, was he able to convince his love to live with him in his hometown America happily ever after?

All of these questions are swirling around in Ruby's head, as if her own love life slowly fading away wouldn't be enough already. But despite all of the unanswered questions she finds proof in true love and that no matter what love is always the answer. It's like a ride on a roller coaster, one day she finds nothing and another day Ruby is so close to solve the love mystery. Join her and her fabulous dog Heathcliff on this journey to find out what happened to Emmanuelle and Henry, and to Ruby herself and her boyfriend Jack!

I absolutely loved this book! It is probably one of the most well - written books I have ever read in my entire life. Alexandra Potter knows exactly how to make you drive crazy because you want to know what happened. This books is a never ending "Wowzer" (let's just pretend that's actually a thing, okay?). I am still blown away by Alexandra's writing skills because she made me feel like I was walking next to Ruby trying to solve the mystery with her. One word wouldn't be enough to explain to you how much I love this book but let me tell you it is AMAZEBALLS!

Do let me know your opinion in the comments down below if you read it too! If you haven't read it yet then I highly recommend you to do so, let me know if you do as well! Also leave me a comment if you join in for "The Goodway Book Club's" next read "The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan". See you soon my loves!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Mary going offline xx 

0 comments