The Autumn Tag 2016

Hello everybody,

and welcome to the official start of Autumn on my blog! *Hurraaaaaaah* Is anyone else super excited about Autumn approaching us that soon, or is it just me? Just me? Nah, I don't think so. To celebrate the beginning of Autumn and October I wanted to do "The Autumn Tag", if you haven't guessed already by the very obvious title of this post. Anyway, I am rambling, what's new? So just grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and let me inspire you with the magic of Autumn!

1. What signifies the start of Autumn/Fall for you?

First of all, I don't think that we need a certain time that signifies the beginning of Autumn, because what other reason then being in September and gradually heading towards October, do we really need? Though I am one of those people, that scream "OMG, it's Autumn, can you see that leave on the ground?" as soon as I see the first leave slowly falling to the ground. But another thing that makes me think of Autumn is finally here, is when Starbucks puts Pumpkin Spice Latte on their menu! #PumpkinSpiceLattesForever

2. What is your favourite Autumn/Fall scent?

Ooooh, that's a tricky one! I love the scent of Pumpkin Spice, of course, but who doesn't love a little bit of lots of cinnamon? Think of the time when you walk into a cafe with your friends, and you can smell freshly baked cinnamon rolls roaming threw the air into your nose. Doesn't that sound more than mouth watering good?

3. What is your favourite Autumn/Fall colour?

I can practically hear my chummy screaming the answer at the top of her lungs. Orange. Everything that has just the slightest orangey tint to it I basically fall in love with. Having the image of orange coloured leaves laying on a path threw the woods, on a sunny and crisp Autumn day in mind. Or the pretty and very comfortable checked scarves in different orange tones, who can say no to that?

4. What is your favourite Autumn/Fall drink?

If you haven't guessed it by now, or you're not following me on Instagram (which I highly suggest you do, shameless self promo) then I will share my weakness with you right now. Pumpkin Spice Latte all the way. I will leave you with a little inner cinema now, so let this scene play in front of your eyes.
*Inner Cinema starts here.* Me and my friends meeting in the city for tea or coffee. Friend asks "Where do we wanna go for tea?" Me nearly screaming in their ears "STARBUCKS! STARBUCKS! Mary wants her PSL!" Friends watching me in embarrassment, pretending they don't know me whilst standing next to me "Uhm, okay well then Starbucks it is...". *Mary jumping up and down like the happiest bunny on earth*. *Inner Cinema ends here.*

Did you get an impression of what my favourite Autumn drink is?


5. What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to this Autumn/Fall?

As soon as I read this question I had to think of more mystery themed TV shows. I guess Autumn is just the perfect time for watching these kinds of shows, as you can just cuddle up on the sofa with a blanket, a cup of tea and a bowl of a comforting Berry Apple Crumble and binge watch your favourite mystery show. Instantly "Pretty Little Liars" came to my mind when I had to think of a mystery TV show. Also I have been loving "How To Get Away With Murder" and I am freakin' obsessed with it! If you haven't watched it yet then I highly recommend you do!

6. What is your favourite Autumn/Fall fashion trend?

Gosh, there are so many that I love! Let's be honest, Autumn is like everyone's favourite season to dress for, am I right? I do love me some really nice heeled ankle boots paired with black tights and a nice dress. But I am a coat addict, so what would I be without a good coat? No outfit is complete without a nice coat and a big cosy blanket scarf. Do you forgive me for kind of cheating on this one? Because I basically answered this question with everything I own in my wardrobe during Autumn time.

7. What is your favourite frugal Autumn/Fall activity?

Due to me still being in school (luckily it's my last year!) I'm very restricted with free time, and actually being able to go somewhere. But I guess if you count going for a walk with your besties in a park, having a leave fight and drinking lots of tea then that would be my kind of activity on the weekend. One thing that my mum and I do every year, is driving outside to the country and visiting these small independent family stalls which sell pumpkins and squashes. I love strolling around threw their fields and picking my favourite ones out. If you haven't done such a thing yet, and I made you want to do it this year then let me know if you do!

8. What is your favourite makeup look come autumnal weather? 

Oh I do love me all the cranberry shades coming Autumn. No one can beat a good cranberry and pinky smoky eye, or a good orange matte shadow blended threw the crease with Woodwinked by MAC all over the lid, my idea of a perfect Autumn eye makeup look. Oh and don't let me forget the plum coloured lipsticks, one of my weak spots in makeup! On a day to day basis, I like to go for the "Woodwinked" eye look and a mauve pinky lip, when it comes to the weekend I like to crack out my red plumy lipsticks and slay all day (as we say, right?).


Where you able to guess the theme I went for? Small hint, the Pumpkin Spice Latte came up in like nearly every questions *Silently walks away with her Venti PSL in her hands...*. 


Let me know how you liked reading this post, I most definitely had such a good time writing this Tag, and I'm thinking of making it an annual thing! God I love Autumn so much, even more than my own birthday, I mean who doesn't like to dress like someone else on Halloween and show off their amazing makeup skills?


Are you feeling autumnal yet?

If you have a blog as well and you want to write this tag, feel free to copy and paste the questions here:

1. What signifies the start of Autumn for you?
2. What is your favourite Fall scent?
3. What is your favourite Autumn colour?
4. What is your favourite Fall drink?
5. What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to this Fall?
6. What is your favourite Fall fashion trend?
7. What is your favourite frugal Autumn activity?
8. What is your favourite makeup look come autumnal weather? 

Mary going offline xx

0 comments