How To Build Your Dream Closet X MakeSpace

Hello my loves,

and welcome back to my blog! It feels like it's bee ages since I last uploaded something on my blog, even though it's just been a week. Well, I guess that's the after-effect of Blogmas. Anyways, I hope all of you are doing really really well, but without further ado grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and keep on reading!

I'm 100% certain that every single woman out there has this dream at the very back of her head of a big walk-in-closet. Am I right? I know I am, because I myself have this image somewhere stuck in my head and I am determined to build one one day. But you might be asking yourself "How do I do that?". Well, I'm here today to talk you through the things that I would do if I were to build my very own dream closet. So you might want to grab yourself pen and paper and take some notes with me!



  • 👗Massive Wardrobe Clear Out

The first step of creating your dream closet is to tackle your old one, or more like the things inside it. We all have so many things in our wardrobe which we never really wear, so you might want to get rid of it, donate it or sell it. With the new earned money from your old clothes you can later invest in some new pieces!


  • 👗Storage Shopping

You still have these old odd plastic containers in your closet? This is the time to say goodbye and go shopping for new cute ones. There are so many pretty storage containers available so you won't have to take your old ones anymore! Also try to get some cute labels, or a label machine with which you can print out your own labels and they look absolutely amazing! Whilst your at it get a lot of hangers, preferably velvet as these are great for shirts.


  • 👗Get Inspiration

If you don't know what your dream closet should look like, then go onto Pinterest and Tumblr and let yourself get overflowed with tons of ideas! This way you can decide if you want to have a walk-in closet, put in a big sofa and a TV or even a mini bar! This your time to get everything sorted in your head!


  • 👗Build, build, build...

Now we come to the most tradesmen like kinda step in your guide: building your actual closet. By that I mean, to expand your closet if you have the space, to paint your walls and to build all the cupboards you want to put into it later.


  • 👗Decorate

Probably everyone's favourite part, decorating! Who doesn't love to have a shopping spree at IKEA or Home Sense to get a lot of cute bits and bobs for your house? But in this case it's all about your dream wardrobe! I would love to pop in a vintage mannequin and put on a different outfit onto it every week to inspire myself!



  • 👗SHOPPING

Okay, I was lying above... Decorating isn't the favourite part of a woman, but shopping is! Well, if you have the money for it then try to get as many new things, outfits, shoes, etc. as you can and fill your new wardrobe with it! I guess it would be the excitement of finally having my dream wardrobe but I would go to town and get clothing items which I usually would be a bit unsure about, because why not? Fill it with as many shoes or jeans as you wish, after all it's your dream and no one else's!


Now you know how to go about building a dream wardrobe, but there is one thing that I haven't mentioned yet. And that is when you're sorting out things and want to build something new in your house or flat, you will need to store a lot of things somewhere. You don't have that space? Well MakeSpace is a company based in New York City which provide you with storage places. Now if that does't sound right up your street whilst building your dream closet then I don't know what does. You can book a plan according to how much space you need and pay a monthly fee, which really isn't that high. Make Space will pick up your stuff, bring it to one of their storage facilities and bring them back to you whenever you want! You can check if they store your things in your state by simply having a look at their self-storage locations.

MakeSpace have kindly reached out to me as they are currently working on a project with some bloggers. They have asked me how I would build my own dream closet and how I would go about it!

I would definitely make my dream wardrobe a walk-in one and decorate it with fairylights, copper things and put a small sofa inside, so whenever I fancy to have a bit of me time but without anyone finding me, I could go in there and read a good book!

What would your dream closet look like? Let me know in the comments down below, or if you already have one then leave me a photo, I'd love to see them! If you enjoyed this post then make sure to share it over on your social medias and to subscribe to my blog, that way you will never miss a post of mine in the future!

Mary going offline xx 

0 comments