One Bowl Meals For A Day

Hello everyone,

hi, aloha, hola! Long time no see I know! The word "time" has made its way into non-existence lately due to the amount of work and stress that came with the work from school. Anyway, I hope all of you are doing absolutely fantastic and that your week has been good! But without further ado, grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and let's jump straight into today's post!

You're short on time and haven't got time to cook an extremely fancy meal? Grabbing to the pizza menu, already? STOP! I've got you covered with my super easy and quick meals which are absolutely delicious and packed with all kinds of goods. Below I'm basically showing you what I eat in a day if I'm in a rush or just have lots of studying to do and absolutely not time left to cook something! So get yourself pen and paper, in case you don't have all of the ingredients in your cupboard already!

Raspberry Smoothie Bowl

What You'll Need:

2 Ripe Frozen Bananas

A Handful Frozen Raspberries

Splash of Coconut Milk

Toppings:

Homemade Granola

Fresh Strawberries

Fresh Blueberries

Coconut Flakes

Cacao Nibs

Agave Syrup

What You'll Need To Do:

Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. This might take a while, depending on the strength of your blender. 

Pop the "nice cream" into a bowl. 

Garnish with your favourite toppings and add a drizzle of agave syrup to make it a little bit sweeter.


Quick Tahini Quinoa 

What You'll Need:

¼ Cup Quinoa

½ Vegetable Stock

3 Tbsp Tahini

Salt

Black Pepper

¼ tsp Paprika

Frozen or Fresh:

Coriander

Basil

Thyme

Broccoli

Peas

Baby Carrots

Corn

Fresh:

3 Button Mushrooms

½ Avocado

½ Lemon

What You'll Need To Do:

Cook your Quinoa according to the instructions, making sure to use vegetable stock instead of plain water to give it more flavour. 

Add all your spices, herbs, lemon juice and the tahini and mix well.

If using frozen vegetables, defrost them in the microwave and add them to your Quinoa.

Cook for a further five minutes to make sure that everything is combined nicely and cooked thoroughly. 

Serve in a bowl topped with half an avocado, a squeeze of lemon juice and a dollop of hummus. I served it with some leftover "Meatballs" from Niomi Smart's Cookbook "Eat Smart", which are amazing!


Et voilá, these are my one bowl meals for a day. I like to whip these up when I'm really short on time, or just really want something quick and easy but still packed with nutritious vitamins and what not! Besides them being so easy to make, they are also super good for students as they keep you full for longer due to the ingredients we used. I have been loving eating these two meals at least twice a week, and that is saying something!

Are you going to recreate them? Let me know in the comments down below, I would love to know! Don't forget to subscribe to my blog and to follow, so you get the privilege to be notified whenever I upload a new post! Stick around, and have a good start into the new week!

Mary going offline xxx

0 comments