Human's Best Friend - A Superhero

Hello everybody,

and welcome back! Or if you're new here, well then hello nice having you here, I hope you'll stick around. I do hope that all of you are doing absolutely fantastic and that you had a good start back to school or to uni, I have just started uni life myself. Anyway, without too much rambling today, grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and keep on reading!

If you follow me on Instagram, then you will know that I have a cat, used to have two but, sadly, Charlie ran away last year but I don't think I ever shared a proper photo of my dog, can you believe it? I love him so much, his my little teddy bear, well maybe not so little but you get what I mean, haha. His name is Hachiko, nickname Hachi and he is 7 years old turning 8 in November. And yes he's an Akita Inu and his name is based on the real story and the movie of Hachi which, I'm pretty sure, everyone knows of.

Wanting to address the importance of another being living with people and how they can truly make our lives a whole lot better, so I have come up with my own list of things I personally think my dog has had a positive impact on my life.

Loneliness - What's that again?

After living with your family for years, moving out can be very hard, especially when you have to deal with the fact that you're on your own now. Or even if you still live with your family and they just went away on holiday or something, being alone is no fun and it can be scary to some people. Through my dog, I luckily never had to experience the feeling of loneliness since we got him. With him being with me, I feel safe and sound and not so alone as I would if there was nobody around.


Tender loving care for your soul

We all have those dark moments of our own when we feel like the world is crashing down on us and we just want to cry. Usually, one would like to be alone in this kind of situation but it's not very wise. A dog knows when you are sad and comes to your rescue, trying to comfort you and telling you that everything is going to be okay and that you are not alone. By stroking your loved one you can practically feel him talking to you. So guys, if you ever feel alone or down, don't shy away from your dog!

Responsible Acting

This is more based on growing up with a dog or any pet for that matter. Children with a dog learn to respect their environment and nature by simply walking their dog or learning more about them. Oh and let's not forget about them also learning to respect animals. All that raises their awareness of which responsible acts they have to participate in in the household, e.g.: dog care, feeding or walking the dog. Personally, I can say that I have learned to more responsible by growing up with pets, but honestly, I wouldn't know the opposite as I always owned pets for my whole life. Have you ever had pets? If not, what's your opinion on this? 

Easier learning

This might seem a bit weird at first, but dogs are scientifically proven (by Behaviour Scientists) to improve children's ability to concentrate. Shy and silent kids open up in the presence of a dog, and hyperactive or aggressive kids calm down and hold back. In addition to that dogs can also positively influence a child's development at school. I have noticed that my half-siblings, who are growing up with two dogs, have definitely profited from it as they both started speaking way earlier than a child is supposed to. So I can 100 percent agree on this one! Have you had any experiences like that?




More activity and fresh air

I reckon this is very self-explanatory since walking your dog requires you to actually leave the house, walk and breath, hopefully at least. It's also a good chance to interact with other people and to get to know someone, trust me, dogs are great "awkward-silence-breakers".

If you want to know more facts of how dogs improve our lives and have a positive impact on our daily routine, then you can check this graphic from PuppySpot out!
PuppySpot is an amazing company which tries to get loving families to choose their ideal lovely puppy to have a happy life. They offer their service in New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco and more states across the entire United States.









This is just a small list which definitely can be extended, so if you have any additional facts then leave them in the comments down below or if you want me to include it in the post then drop me an email! I hope you enjoyed this post about our furry friends if you did then make sure to share it over on social media. Do you have a dog yourself? Or maybe another pet? Let me know your story in the comments, I would love to know them!

Mary going offline xoxo

0 comments