2017 Summer Reads - The Goodway Book Club

Hello you beautiful people out there,

I'M BACK! And that officially now! How are the lot of you doing? I do hope that you're nothing but absolutely fantastic. I'm very good myself since school is over now for good, how crazy! Well, that can only mean one positive thing for everyone: more blog posts! Super excited to finally be able to take care of my blog and to provide you with more content. Anyways, that was a long introduction, so how about you just grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and keep on reading!

Now, I was thinking what to put up on the blog for my comeback and I've had an amazing idea. What better way to celebrate it than with another episode of our The Goodway Book Club? I couldn't possibly think of something better! Although I must say I've made this one a little bit different to the ones I did before.

Today I will share a selection of books, which I have gambled together, and which I'm going to read over the course of Summer. Best part - everyone is more than welcome to join in on this episode and to read with me some amazing books and review them together at the end of Summer. Sounds good to you? Well, you will love me after you've seen which books I've chosen 'cos there's something for everyone!



Girl Online Going Solo by Zoe Sugg

Penny's life is back to normal.

As Penny starts the school year she's ready to face the world - alone. Noah has gone off the radar after ending his world tour early and no one, including Penny, knows where he is. So when she accepts Megan's invitation to visit her performing arts school it seems like an opportunity to make some new friends.

Helping everyone seems to be the right remedy. Elliot needs her friendship more than ever, and she meets Posey - struggling with stage fright and in need of support. But is charming Scottish boy Callum the right kind of distraction? And can Penny truly move on when Noah's shadow seems to haunt her round every corner?


If you haven't read the first two books of the Girl Online series then you're really missing out on something. Zoe Sugg is such a lovely girl and I have been following her YouTube channel as well as her blog since the early days. When she brought out her first book I was well excited to read it, so it's no different to this one.


I Heart Paris by Lindsey Kelk

Angela is in the city of love - but romance is taking a nose-dive...

When Angela Clark's boyfriend Alex suggests a trip to Paris at the same time as hip fashion mag Belle asks her to write a piece, she jumps at the chance.

But even as she's falling for the joie de vivre of Paris, someone's conspiring to sabotage her big break. And when she spots Alex having a tête-á-tête with his ex in a local bar, Angela's dreams of Parisian passion start crashing around her.

With London and her old life only a train journey away, Angela can't decide if she should stay and face the music or run away home...


You knew this was coming, didn't you? Well, what shall I say? I just can't pass a good book from Lindsey Kelk, I just bloody love that woman. And this is another book in her I Heart - series, which, if you haven't already, you really need to give a go. I actually have a review of one of her books up on my blog already, so if you'd like to know my opinion on her books in more depth than click here.



All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

The story of a girl who learns to live from a boy who wants to die...

Theodore Finch wants to take his own life. I'm broken and no one can fix it.
Violet Markey is devastated by her sister's death. In that instant we went ploughing through the guardrail, my words died too.

They meet on the school bell tower, and so their story begins. It's only together they can be themselves...


I send a message to Violet: "You are all the colours in one, at full brightness."

You're so weird, Finch. But that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.


But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink. How far will Violet go to save the boy she has come to love?


A new author for once, would you believe it? I've had this book for quite some time sitting on my bookshelf untouched. What a shame! Now I finally got the time to crack it out and indulge the story of Violet and Finch. Are you going to join me?


Unfiltered - No Shame, No Regrets, Just Me. by Lily Collins

Opening up can be scary.

We worry that no one can relate to us or understand our problems.
We worry that our struggles define us and that our quirks make us weird. But believe me: if you open up and let go, the only thing you'll feel is free. Using your voice allows us to connect with another and realise we're never alone.
We are encouraged, inspired, and supported. The sooner we accept our stories for all that they are and the sooner we let go of the same, regrets, and fear surrounding our experiences - the sooner we can live, love and be loved.

The time to be unfiltered is now.


Yeah, might worth mentioning that Lily Collins is my icon. Like she's my absolute favourite woman on this planet, I LOVE her! She's amazing and I adore her for so many reasons that if I were to tell you all of 'em, we'd sit here for a long time. As soon as I saw that she had released her very own book, well, you can imagine that I went complete nuts *chuckle* let's just say I'm pumped to read this...


Be Careful What You Wish For by Alexandra Potter

I wish:

I could get a seat in the tube...
I hadn't eaten that entire bag Maltesers...
I could meet a man whose hobbies include washing up and monogamy...

Heather Hamilton is always wishing for things. Not just big stuff - like world peace, or that Bard Pitt wants her as his next leading lady - but little, everyday wishes made without thinking. With her luck, she knows they'll never come true...

Until one day she buys some heather from a gypsy. Suddenly the bad hair days stop. A handsome American answers her ad for a housemate. She starts seeing James - The Perfect Man who send her flowers, excels in the bedroom, and isn't afraid to say "I love you".

But are these wishes-come-true a blessing or a curse? Does getting what you want make you happy? And is there such a thing as too much foreplay?

In this magical romantic comedy, Alexandra Potter reveals what might happen if all your wishes really did come true...

And we're back with another splendid author.... yes, I know I'm very repetitive but, the truth is she's just a brilliant writer who knows how to catch one's attention and to keep it. Besides, who doesn't want all of their dreams to finally come true? Well, we'll have a look after we've read this, should we?



TH1RTEEN R3ASONS WHY by Jay Asher

You can't  the future.
You can't the past.
The only way to learn the secret
... is to press

Clay Jensen returns home to find a strange package with his name on it. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker - his classmate and first love - who committed suicide two weeks earlier.

Hannah's voice explains there are thirteen reasons why she killed herself. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out why.

All through the night, Clay keeps listening - and what he discovers changes his life...

Forever.


D'ya think I'm just one of those people which jump on the bandwagon of Hannah's story? Let me tell you: that is very wrong. This book, ladies and gentlemen, was my big read of my teenage years. I'm talking devouring this book over ten times or something crazy along those lines, in various languages. I loved this book so much that I actually recommended it to one of my teachers because she was searching for a class book, the result? - my class loved it.


Saw something of your interest? Well, how about we get off the internet and start reading? We've got a lot of pages to go through. I do hope that you will join me on at least one of the glorious books mentioned above and that you'll enjoy it just as much as I will! Make sure to subscribe to my blog and to follow me on my social media's so we can stay updated on the on-going reading situations!
Love you all and see you soon!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments