Raw Vegan Blueberry Nectarine Ice Cream Cake

Hello everybody,

how's everyone doing? I hope all of you had an amazing week and an even better start into the Summer holidays which are officially upon us now. If you were doing your A-levels, then congratulations, I'm sure you nailed them! What better excuse, after all this stress, to just get comfy and a cuppa and read today's post?


You see, I'm well aware of the fact that it doesn't get very hot in the UK, maybe for two days during the Summer but that's about it. But here in Austria people it has been hot lately, and that's just the beginning! Like I'm talkin' sweating my bottoms off hot. And whilst not being very hungry when it's so hot outside a little treat is necessary even when it's 40° Celsius outside.

BUT, you don't want to use the oven, do ya? Nope, that's where raw vegan cakes come in super handy. I know so many people are scared of the raw vegan trend, but including a few raw dishes into your diet in Summer doesn't hurt.

I have created this amazingly delicious raw vegan ice cream cake. And if that hasn't got you hooked yet, then I don't know what will. Cake and ice cream? Good enough on their own, yes, but together, oh let me tell you, it takes dessert to a whole new level! And being the nice woman I am, I'm going to share how to make it with you! So, what are you waiting for? Grab yourself pen and paper in case you need to go grocery shopping for the ingredients and let's get crackin' already!

You'll Need:

For the crust:

2 Cups Oats

2/3 Packaged Date Paste

For the top layer:

2 Frozen Bananas

2 Cups Frozen & Fresh Blueberries

½ Cup Frozen Blackberries 

½ Cup Maple Syrup 

Deco:

3 Fresh Nectarines 

3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar


You'll Need To Do:

Add your oats to a food processor and blend until it's nearly formed into a flour.

Then gradually add your date paste and pulse and blend until the crust sticks together when you pinch it with your fingers.

Remove the crust from the blender, popping it into a pie dish and pressing it down until you've reached your desired thickness and form.

Set it into the fridge or freezer whilst making the filling. 

Moving onto the filling.

Just pop all of your ingredients plus a splash of water or almond milk into the food processor and blend until completely smooth. 

Spoon the ice cream on top of the crust and smooth it out with a spatula. 

 Put the cake back into the freezer (this time it needs to be the freezer!!!) and leave for half an hour to set.

Before serving it take your nectarines and cut them into wedges.

Put these wedges along with the coconut sugar into the microwave at medium to low heat until the sugar has melted. 

Stir them around to make sure all of the nectarine wedges are coated.

Lay them on top of the cake and drizzle over the remaining liquid of the nectarine-coconut sugar mixture.


And there you have it guys. It's super simple, easy and quick to make but still tastes absolutely amazing! It's also a great refresher when needed on a really hot Summer day or if you just want to have a little something after a savoury dish. I would suggest to take a glass with warm water and a very, VERY sharp knife to cut it. I LOVE this cake so much, please let me know if you're going to make it yourself, I would love to see all of you photos!

That wraps it up for today, I do hope you enjoyed it and that I could give you some inspiration for the upcoming hot weather season! I love you all, until next time!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments