What I Eat In A Day #3 | vegan, gluten-free & healthy

Hello you beautiful bunch of people,

hope you're all good? I definitely am, since I have been home for around two months now, no stress, no school, no work. Literally just me and spending my time relaxing, meeting friends, running errands and, of course, eating lots of good food. And being the nice girl I am, I'm going to share all I eat on a typical day with you. So if you'd like to know with which amazing dishes I come up with then grab you a cuppa, get comfy and keep on reading!

You all know how much I love myself a good bowl of porridge, right? Well, I still do but when it starts to get hotter outside and the heat is getting unbearable, then I'm most likely to gravitate towards cold food more than hot. So usually I start my day off with ½ litre of water, to make sure I stay hydrated during this hot weather and to get my digestion system going. After that Mary needs her tea, so I go onto making myself a good cuppa with a splash of soy milk and leave that to one side.

Moving onto breakfast. My absolute favourite breakfast during Summer is a Smoothie bowl or "nice cream" bowl, which basically just consists out of blended frozen bananas. They are super refreshing, filling and more than tasty, so if you haven't tried them yet you really should give them a try!

Breakfast - Vanilla Nice Cream 

You'll Need:

3 Frozen Bananas

½ tsp Vanilla Extract

Toppings:

Granola

Fresh Cherries

Cacao Nibs

Hemp Seeds

All Natural Peanut Butter 

What You Need To Do:

Put your frozen bananas into a food processor along with a splash of vanilla oat milk, or any other non-dairy milk of choice, to help blend and blend until completely smooth. Lastly, add the vanilla extract and blend once more. Scrape every last bit into a bowl with a spatula.

Garnish with your favourite toppings. I like to use granola, fresh chopped up cherries, cacao nibs, hemp seeds and my new favourite peanut butter drizzle. I basically mix one heaping tablespoon of peanut butter with a little bit of agave syrup and a dash of gingerbread spice. This drizzle is seriously addictive and I am bloody obsessed with it!


Honestly, usually, I'm so full of my breakfast that I don't really snack through out the day. But I do drink lots of water, and you know, if I do really feel a little bit peckish then I'll grab myself a nectarine or an apple. I know a lot of people will think that what I'm doing is really unhealthy and are super strict with having to eat at least three times a day. If you think so and it works for you, hey then great, do it! But I'm more about listening to my body, and if I don't feel hungry then I won't munch something inside of me just for the sake of being able to say I've eaten three times a day. Your body will most likely always tell you what it needs, what it doesn't like and if you're really hungry or not, so just listen and soon you will find yourself at ease with your body and mind! This last bit may sound a little bit cringe-worthy but it really is only the truth, I'm telling you what has worked for me and no bullshit. 

Now for Supper. I LOVE potatoes. Like, literally I have a serious problem because I eat them so many times. Sadly during these hotter months, I can't eat them that often since I don't like to turn on my oven and end up with a boiling hot flat. It may be worth mentioning that I have limited my oil intake massively during the last two months as well, so I like to bake mine without oil, if you want to use some then please go ahead and do so!

Dinner - Salad & Potatoes

You'll Need:

2-3 Potatoes

A Handful of Lamberts Salad

Cucumber

Tomatoes

Salt

Pepper

Garlic

Paprika

Mixed Herbs

Optional:

Coconut Bacon

Alfalfa Sprouts

What You Need To Do:

Preheat your oven to 220°C.

Cut your potatoes into medium sized strips. Pop them into a bowl with the garlic powder, paprika and tiny bit of salt. Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and place your potatoes on top with it making sure to leave some space between them. Bake for around 30 minutes or until nice and crispy.

In the meantime prepare the salad by washing it and cutting up your cucumber and tomatoes. Put them in a bowl and season to taste with salt, pepper and mixed herbs. 

When everything is ready, assemble your salad, potatoes, sprouts and coconut bacon (mine is store bought but you can definitely make your own if using) and enjoy!


And that is everything I eat on a typical day of me being home doing nothing or out and about taking photos. I hope you enjoyed this type of blog post and the recipes. Make sure to tag me if you decide to recreate them, I'd love to your photos! Oh, and you may want to follow my blog since it's free and that way you won't miss out on any of my posts! Love you all and see you soon!

Mary going offline xxx

1 comments

  1. Love these meals! That peanut butter looks so good

    Leah x
    http://www.leahmarriott.co.uk

    ReplyDelete