90s Makeup Look | thegoodway

Hello my loves,

and welcome to another makeup look post of mine. For today I wanted to share my idea of a 90s inspired makeup look with you. As you might be able to tell by now, I am absolutely obsessed with the 90s trend that is going around at the moment. If you haven't seen my trend chatting about that yet, then check it out here 90s City Stroll Around.

This is my personal take on a wearable makeup look, as some brown tones are a bit "in your face".
So get yourself a cuppa, get comfy and let's get crackin'.


Base:

Having a nice, flawless and clean canvas is key to make brown lips look extra good, so for my foundation I used the "Vichy Dermablend Foundation" (I have done a review about this Vichy Dermablend Review). To apply it I actually used my fingers, I have gone off using brushes completely lately because I started to do some research on why my foundation could possibly separate on my nose all the time. I found out that I wasn't giving my skincare items long enough to sink in and that applying foundation with your fingers makes everything look more natural and it's much easier to blend.

Now onto concealer for that I used my" Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser Eye Concealer" just under my eyes in a triangle shape and blended that in with my damp Beauty Blender and my fingers. After that I went over my face with my Beauty Blender once again in bouncing motions to make sure that there was no excess product sitting on top of my skin whatsoever.

To set my under eyes as well as the rest of my face I took my "Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder" and scraped over it with the end of a thin brush to make it a loose setting powder, really good tip if you don't have a loose setting powder on hand. I dipped my Beauty Blender into the powder and set my under eyes, my face and "baked" my nose. To contour my face I used my usual "Sleek Contour Kit in Light" and contoured my face as well as I bronzed it up a bit. For my blusher I used the "Benefit Rockateur Blusher".

Now onto my favourite part of makeup: Highlighter. For that I used my "Dior Glowing Gardens Illuminating Powder" and basically applied that all over my face. Check out my review about this here Dior Glowing Gardens Illuminating Powder

Eyebrows:

To fill in my eyebrows I used my "Soap & Glory Archery Pencil in Brownie Points" and set them into place with my "L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper" and some hairspray.


Eyes:

I kept the eyes very simple and the products small. I primed my eyes as per usual with the "Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden". For eyeshadow I took my "Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 Hours in On and on bronze" and just put a light layer of it all over my eyelid and blended that out with my pinky finger. Then I curled my eyelashes and applied several coats of mascara. Shockahora I used a different mascara then my "Benefit Roller Lash" I used my "L'Oreal Superstar Mascara" which has two ends, one of them is the primer and the other one the actual mascara. To highlight my brow bone as well as my inner tear duct I took the same Dior highlighter. That's the eyes done!

Lips:

Onto the star of the show, the lips. In the 90s brown lips were the staple that everyone had. Matte lips are a massive trend at the moment, that's why I used two liquid lipsticks. I started off with my "NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm" and put that all over my lips. To top it off and make it more brown I used my "MaxFactor Lipfinity Liquid Lipstick in "Spiritual" (I hope that's the right name, couldn't really find that out!) and, again, applied that all over my lips.






That's the finished look guys, I do hope that you like it and that you will enjoy wearing it. If you do recreate it then make sure to take a photo and to tweet me or instagram me! Do leave me your thoughts on the 90s trend in the comments down below. Also if you enjoyed it then please make sure to share this post over on your social medias and if you have any questions or requests for future makeup looks then leave me those in the comments down below!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments