Autumn Nails 2016

Hello, you beautiful bunch of people,

how is everyone doing? October is leaving us fast, faster than I want it to! And with October coming to end, so does our beloved Autumn time. *crying* But we might as well get the most out of our last weeks of Autumn because I have still lots of blog posts planned and some of them are even in progress already! Anyways, let me stop rambling, grab yourself a cuppa and let's talk about Autumn nails!

Autumn is THE time where everyone cracks out their burgundy shades, like eyeshadows, lipsticks and, of course, let's not forget about our nails! Burgundies, purples, greys and oranges are the colours that come back every year, but there are so many different shades of these colours that you might be a little overwhelmed when going to your local high-street/drugstore to just grab a burgundy nail polish. That's why I'm going to share my favourite nail polishes with you guys today!


1. Essie - Maximillian Strasse Her

This one is unique in its very own special way, I haven't found another nail polish in a colour like this ever since I discovered this one! It's kind of a bluish grey with a slight emerald green tint in the very background of it. It's so hard to describe but trust me on this one, if you like more the neutral section of colours than this one is for you!


2. Maybelline - Cherry On The Cake

As for burgundy colours, this nail polish leads more towards the red side than the purple undertone. If you like your reds, but want to switch it up a bit for the Autumn time than this one is a great option, as it's beautiful, cheap as it's Maybelline but still lasts ages on your nails!

3. Essie - In Stitches

Again, this is a very unique colour, as it's kind of dark but light at the same time. I don't really know a suitable way of describing it true to its justice but let's say it's a pinkish, orange rusty colour. That wasn't even close to a good colour description, but I highly suggest you have look yourself!

4. Sally Hansen - Wine Stock

This has to be my favourite out of all the ones shown here. It's one of these gel-like nail polishes, meaning that they are supposed to last just as long as real gel nails, and honestly, it does! These ones from Sally Hansen are absolutely gorgeous and they last like what, two weeks? Amazing!

5. Essie - Chubby Cheeks

If you know me than this comes to no surprise to you, it's an orange. My favourite colour of all time luckily orange is the most popular shade in Autumn right after burgundy. Yippi! If you like your oranges too, or you're searching for one for Halloween than this one is the perfect shade!

6. Maybelline - Burgundy Kiss

I don't think I have to say something about this shade. The name says everything already. It's a true burgundy red, this thick purplish oxblood red. Amazing for this time of year!

7. Gosh - Matte Effect Top Coat

For those of you who live for the matte everything trend, you are going to love this! I found this one random day last year, searching for a matte nail polish but then stumbled across this beauty. With this top coat you can make any nail polish matte, how clever is that?


I hope that you have found one or more nail polishes that you like, or that I made your journey finding a specific shade easier! If you liked this post then please let me know that in the comments down below! I'd also love you to share this over on your social media, you can tag me if you want to, I'd love to see them! Don't forget to follow my blog so you'll never miss a post from me ever again!

What's your favourite Autumn Nail Polish?

Mary going offline xx

0 comments