GRWM For a Ball | thegoodway

Hello my favourite peops!

How are the lot of you doin'? I do hope you're well and that your week has been nice and full of joy! It's half term atm, so that means that I can relax to the fullest, which is always good. But that does mean that I have a lot of free time to spend too, that's why one of my best friends out of our trio, invited our other best friend and me to a ball in her town, which is so exciting!

Hands why I wanted you to get an idea of how I got ready, as well as how I did my best friends makeup! So get yourself a cuppa, get comfy and enjoy!

Starting off with our makeup. I did the makeup for all of us, which I utterly enjoyed! I used for Julia's eye makeup the Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette, for the base shade I took "Dirty Sweet" all over her eyelid, then to deepen the crease ever so slightly and to form the outer corners I took "Radar". For the rest of her face she used her own products.

Now onto Barbara, she basically isn't someone who goes for makeup at all, but she was kind enough to let me do something very neutral for this very occasion. So, to keep the look very simple and as natural as possible I used the Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette and literally just went from lightest to darkest on her eyes, starting with the lighter shades all over her mobile lid and then the darker shades in her crease as well as a little bit on her outer corners. The black eyeshadow in this palette I only used with a pencil brush to smoke out her upper lash line a little to give it a bit more definition. Then we basically had a blast applying mascara to her eyelashes, as she never did it before and I suck at applying it on other people! It literally took us nearly an hour to get the mascara on her eyelashes and not all over her face as we did the entire time, haha! We didn't do anything else to Babsi (her nickname).

For my eye makeup I did the exact same as I did for Julia's look and just added my Benefit Roller Lash mascara on my top and bottom lashes, as well as I took some of "Radar", the shade we used in the crease and outer corners, on my lower lash line. For my base I used a newbie in my makeup collection, the Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation stick, which I will be doing a review on soon! Then onto concealer I used my usual Collection Lasting Perfection concealer on the usual places and blended that all in with my beauty blender. To set my entire face I used my Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder, after that I used some blusher to bring some life back into my face, for that I used my Benefit "Rockateur" blusher. The last step for my face was highlight, for that I used my Sleek Contour Kit in Light. For my lips I took my Mac lipliner in  "Edge to Edge" and lined my lips first before applying my Mac lipstick in "Brave" and topped that all up with my Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lipgloss in "Aurora".

For our hair Julia and I went for the curls and Babsi stayed with the natural straight state of her hair, but took a little strand from the front and pinned it back with a white flower.

And that's us done! All of our dresses were from different places, older or just not able to find anywhere. So if you'd like to know similar one's then let me know in the comments down below and I will definitely update this blog post with a list of dresses down below!









And there you go, that's our finished looks for the night! I hope you enjoyed this "Get ready with us" if so then leave a comment down below, also leave me some suggestions for new blog posts in the future in the comments!

Mary going offline xx

3 comments