Halloween Costume Idea - Pretty Little Liars: Spencer as A

Hello, you beautiful people,

how are you all doing? My Autumn break has officially started now, and I couldn't be more thankful for that! What are your plans for the long weekend? I'm going to Prague with my mum, very excited about that, and you can expect a few posts about that trip going up soon! Anyways let me stop rambling now, grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and keep on reading!

I know you might be thinking "Another PLL costume idea? Really?", and yes really! Pretty Little Liars must be the one thing which you can take so many costume inspirations from, so there's no lie for anyone out there that they couldn't find a good idea! Watch PLL and you will have about a million ideas!

Today I'm going to recreate the look of the scene where Spencer Hastings (my FAVE!) was part of the A-team and was waiting for Toby in the small Diner. I completely fell in love with her look in that very scene and new I had to somehow find a way of recreating it, so here I am doing exactly that for you!

Makeup:

As this is Spencer we're talking about, we'll keep it fairly basic and light with the base, she's never really seen with a full coverage foundation, only ever a light to medium one. You can use any light coverage foundation or tinted moisturiser you have in your makeup collection, I used my trusty Urban Decay Naked One & Done. Then to conceal under our eyes, to get rid of those pesky dark circles, which A caused us, and to cover anything that the tinted moisturiser didn't I used my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, this is really great as it has a very creamy consistency, is hydrating and pretty full coverage.

Now setting everything into place with a light dust of powder, again I used the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder. After that it's time to contour slightly, to get those cheekbones that Spencer has going on naturally, for that I used my Sleek Contour Kit in Light. It didn't seem like she was wearing any blush, as she was supposed to look quite pale, but we definitely need to highlight. For dimensional purposes only, of course, *cough* not because I'm obsessed with highlighter...*cough*.

Moving onto the eyes, I took some sticky notes and put them from the corner of my eye to my brow bone to make sure we have a guideline for the winged shape we're going for. To begin with, you want to use a light brown shade through your crease as a transition shade. Now we're onto the fun part, take any deeper grey shade you have, I used Password from Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette, and start to place down the shade on the outer corners, your sticky notes helping you to be very precise. Lay down some more of the grey onto a bit over one-third of your eyelid. Slowly start to blend the shade on the inner part so it doesn't look as harsh. Keep adding more grey eyeshadow until you've reached your desired level of darkness. If you want to add more depth then try to add a bit of black shadow, that's what I did, but if you like it a bit more light then just leave that out!

Remove your sticky notes, and very carefully blend the edges, to make sure the line isn't as harsh, but also make sure to remain a bit of the crisp line as that was what Spencer was wearing. Now add as many coats of your favourite mascara, as you like, and pop on some lashes if you wish to do so.

Onto the finishing touch of the look, fill in your eyebrows lightly so they are more defined but not deeper and very bold. As for lips use a very nude lipstick or gloss and pad it into your lips for a more natural look. I actually used a bit of my foundation, to cancel out my natural very pinky lips and used a bit of my very old Tanya Burr Cosmetics Lipgloss in Chic, this is not available anymore but I think Lunch Date from her as well, is very similar.

Hair:

If you want to you can take some inspiration from Spencer's hairstyle too, for that you just need to straighten your hair and pull it back into a mid-high ponytail. Make sure to leave two strands out at the front to frame your face, and et voilà your finished A hairstyle.

Outfit:

The outfit of this costume must be the easiest thing ever. And if I say easiest than I mean as easy as it will ever get. Put on a pair of black skinny jeans, any t-shirt you like, I went for a black one, and then put over a black hoodie. Usually, you would want to go for a very oversized hoodie, mine is a little more fitted, but that's the one I already owned, so any kind you have is fine!


And that's it for my Spencer Hastings as A costume. I do hope you liked it, if you did then please let me know your opinion in the comments down below. Don't forget to tag me in your photos on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest, if you decide to recreate this look! I would love you to follow my blog so you never miss out on a post going up on my blog!

Want to check out my other Halloween costume idea? Here's the link // Pretty Little Liars: Liar

Mary spooking offline xx

0 comments