Roasted Butternut Squash Bread Dish

Hello everybody,

and welcome to our first autumn related post in October! *Yeeeeay* If you didn't know already, I'm the biggest Autumn freak you probably will ever meet and I LOVE October. it's the best month of the whole year! Anyway I hope all of you are doing really really well and that you are enjoying the Autumn time. But without further ado gab yourself  cuppa and let's get started with today's post!

Today I'm going to share one recipe of a series of Autumn recipes with you, it's a "Roasted Butternut Squash Bread Dish" and it's an absolute dream to eat! Simple and easy to make and trust me you'll be hooked after I tell you a few things of how delicious it is!



You'll need

6 thin Slices of Old Bread

12 thin Slices of Butternut Squash

Soy cuisine

Salt, Pepper

Marjoram

Vegan Cheese


You'll need to do

Preheat your oven to 180° Celsius.

Slice your bread and squash into around 2 inches thick slices.

Take a baking dish and layer first one slice of squash and then a slice of bread, continue doing this until all your slices are used up.

Season it with marjoram, salt and pepper.

Pour over the soy cuisine and make sure everything is nicely combined.

Put your vegan cheese over the top for an extra bit of crunch.

Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes, although this totally depend on your oven so keep an eye on it!


This dish is perfect for using up your old bread, you can even use one that hardened up a lot, it's going to soften in the oven and get a crispy layer. It's the ultimate cosy thing for a cold brisk Autumn day where you can snuggle up and get all cosy at home! An interesting combination of flavours, it's hearty from the butternut squash and the cheese, a bit spicy from the pepper and crispy from the bread. DELICIOUS!

Did I make you hungry yet?

That's going to be it for today guys, I hope you enjoyed this recipe if you did then please make sure to leave me a comment and to share this post over on your social medias. If you have any requests for a recipe or an Autumn related post that you want to me to post then leave me your suggestions in the comments down below. 

Don't forget to follow my blog here as well as on Bloglovin'!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments