Halloween Double Decker Biscuits

Hello everyone,

and welcome back to another episode of my Halloween special! I hope you've enjoyed my last two costume ideas so far! I definitely had and still have a lot of fun creating these kinds of posts for you, sadly Halloween is approaching us very fast, and that means that there aren't any posts left, but I will still continue uploading Autumn inspired posts during November, as it's just my favourite time of the tear! I'm just rambling now, sorry, just grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and enjoy!

For today I wanted to do some sort of Halloween inspired biscuits in a very healthy way. These are perfect for kids (if you have some) or super fun to make with your friends if you spend Halloween together! I know that my best friends and I had so much fun baking some Halloween cupcakes last year, so these ones are going to be no exception!


For the biscuits


150g Flour
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp Sweetener of Choice (Maple Syrup or Coconut Sugar)
3 Tbsp Unsweetened Almond Milk

For the filling


3 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1½ Tbsp Maple Syrup
3 Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
60g Desiccated Coconut for nut free version or Cashews

Instructions

Preheat your oven to 180°Celsius.
Melt your coconut oil in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add your maple syrup or coconut sugar until melted too.
Put remaining ingredients for the biscuits in a large mixing bowl and add your coconut oil + sugar to the mixture. Stir well until everything is combined nicely and a dough starts to form.
Put in the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
Roll out the dough between two sheets of greaseproof paper so none of the dough sticks to your rolling pin, until about 4-5mm thick.
Cut out your shapes, making sure to have an equal amount of pairs, so you can later stick two together.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
After the biscuits are ready, leave them to one side to cool.

Don't touch them until they are completely cool, as they are hardening whilst cooling. 

Meanwhile make the filling by placing, peanut butter, maple syrup and desiccated coconut (or cashews) into a blender and blend until smooth.
Carefully stir in the raw cacao powder.
Spoon one teaspoon or as much as you like of the filling onto one biscuit and sandwich it by placing another biscuit over the top pressing down gently, to make sure nothing breaks. 

For decoration you can get very creative, I took some edible red blood and outlined the rims of the biscuits and added some eyes.

Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8 doubles



And that's it for the biscuits! Aren't they super cute? I had so much fun making these that I would willingly stand in anybody's kitchen and bake these for them again! Let me know if you try them at home, and make sure to tag me in a photo on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr or Pinterest. Or simply leave me a comment down below with a photo and your opinion in these biscuits, I'd love to have a nosy! Don't forget to follow my blog whilst you're here, so an email goes straight to your inbox and informs you about every upload on my blog!


In case you want to check out my other Halloween Special posts // Halloween Special


Mary spooking offline xx

0 comments