Ghost Cupcakes | Halloween Special

Hello my loves!

Haven't posted last week and I am super sorry for that but I've been ill and this nasty little cold just wasn't going away, so this week I'm making up for that. Today you'll get two blog posts, one dedicated to Halloween (my FAVOURITE day of the year!), and one more about something different, how does that sound? Very exciting I know, I know :D
Though Halloween was yesterday I thought I would still postit as I think it should be Halloween every day! Anyway, I stop rambling now and get on with our Halloween special.

The ingredients you will need:

300g flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
100g raw cane sugar
150g chocolate (you can use kind you like, I used dark chocolate to make it vegan)
2 Tablespoons cacao powder
300ml unsweetened almond milk
70ml vegetable oil
3 very ripe bananas
some food colouring if you want to make them spooky!



Muffins:

Preheat your oven to 175°C.
Just put all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. At this point you want to melt the chocolate, you can either do it over boiling water or carefully melt it in a microwave. Add the melted chocolate to the dry mixture. Mix the almond milk and the vegetable oil together in a separate bowl and add this to your chocolate mixture. Lastly mash the three ripe bananas (or you just put them in a food blender) so they make kind of a puree and put those into the mixture as well. Now poor the mixture evenly in either a cupcake/muffin tin or line a tin with some paper cases and put it in those.
Bake them for around 20-25 minutes, but this is totally depending on your oven so it could take you longer or shorter, so keep an eye out for them!






Icing:

To be honest I tried a normal butter icing which didn't work at all, that's why I used whipped cream in that case it wasn't vegan but I didn't eat it myself, if you can get hold of vegan whipped cream than feel free to use that!

Just in case you wanted to see the biggest fail of icing ever, then hear ya go!

Whilst the muffins are set aside for cooling put the icing into a piping bag.
After the muffins have cooled completely, just take your icing and start piping in a circle and build your way into the middle, when arrived in the middle pipe upwards so it gives the illusion of a ghost. Keep doing this until all your cupcakes have a ghost sitting on top of them. Personally I never made cupcakes before so I would place them in a fridge or a freezer for a while so the icing can set properly, if I'm wrong here please don't hesitate to tell me in comments down below! Then it's time to decorate so just draw on two little dots to let your ghosties see the world and just have fun with them then  you're finished!



Now my idea behind this was if you do a sleepover with your friends on Halloween and want to have some fun including also some food, then this will be right up your street! Hope you enjoyed this baking post and let me know if you recreate them!

Mary spooking offline xx

0 comments