Christmas Party Makeup | Blogmas with thegoodway

Hello my loves!

How's everyone doing? Hope that the lot of you are in a very festive mood because today it's time for Blogmas day 4! *insert melody of your favourite Christmas song here*

We all know how tempting Christmas time can be with its christmas movies, the hot chocolates, gingerbread and cosy blankets to snuggle up on the sofa, right? But sometimes it's nice to get out of the house and share your joy of festivity with everyone else, Christmas parties are perfect for that. So I created a makeup look for a Christmas party which I would wear and already wore to a Christmas party.



Starting off with priming my eyes using the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden and setting it with Mac's Brulé. For eyeshadows I'm using the Naked 2 palette and the Collection (is it still 2000?) Little Mix Love palette. As my base colour I'm using the shade "Suspect" from the Naked 2 palette, by placing it all over my eyelid. To deepen this up I'm taking the shade "Dazzling Brown" from the Little Mix Love palette and put it over 2/3 of my eyelid. Then I make sure that there are no harsh lines by taking a fluffy blending brush and start to blend the edges. After that I curl my lashes and put on my favourite mascara which is Benefit's Roller Lash. That's the eyes done, easy wasn't it?





Onto the base: I already applied my moisturiser (if you're interested in which one I used, my last two blog posts will tell you all about my skincare routine) now I am taking Mac's Studio Finish concealer to cover up all those nasty blemishes and putting a little bit on my nose as mine tends to get red quite easily. Then I'm taking the L'oreal Paris True Match foundation and start off with a thin layer all over my face and blending it in with my Zoeeva Silk Finish Brush. This foundation is great for daytime wear by putting just one thin layer over your face, as well as it can be night time appropriate by building up the coverage!

To cover up my dark circles I'm using the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in Light, I'm putting this in a triangle shape under my eyes to highlight a little bit, to blend it in I'm using the Real Techniques Expert Face brush. To set all of the base I'm taking the Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder and put a sheer layer of it over my T-zone and a little bit on my cheeks so it's easier to put the bronzer and blusher on. Speaking of bronzer, I'm using the Sleek Contour Kit and apply the bronzer in a 3 shape around my face, forehead, cheekbones and the jaw line. Now I'm taking Rockateur by Benefit and apply it to my cheeks by brushing it backwards and not onto the apples of my cheeks, this will help to slim your face as it's the same trick that a bronzer does. Last step for our base is highlighting, here I'm using the same Sleek Contour Kit!

For my brows I take the Soap & Glory Archery pencil, and a bit of brown eyeshadow from my Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics palette. To set those as well as everything else, I'm using the L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in Dark.

Now it's lipstick time! If you don't feel comfortable with wearing a red lipstick you can just go for a nude lip, but as it's christmas time I think it's only right to crack out the red one's. I'm using an oldie but a goodie, Mac's Viva Glam 1.



That's the finished look guys, I do hope you enjoyed it, if you're interested in seeing another Christmas party look then leave your suggestions in the comments down below!



Mary tobogganing offline xx

2 comments