Hair Care Routine | Blogmas With thegoodway

Hello everybody,

and welcome back to Blogmas Day 8! Can you believe it? Christmas is in two days, how crazy is that? I can't really believe that Blogmas is supposed to be over in just two days. Anyways, let me stop rambling and let's get started with today's blog post.

Today I'm gonna tell you all about my hair care routine, as well as my hair story (let's pretend that that's an actual thing, okay?). Seeing as I have shared my skincare routine with all of you I felt like it was only right to share this one with you too.

I'm a curly haired girl, so don't think that I have it easy like the girls who are blessed with beautiful straight hair. Uh-uh I'm not, so I'm gonna tell you how I try or attempt to deal with that frizz mop of mine on my head.

Onto my story first. I have tried out pretty much every single brown tone, redy browns, hazelnut brown,  nearly black, I think you get the idea now. And the worst of them all I had my hair bleached two years ago. I looked like the ice queen, even some of my friends called me like that. Probably has been the worst decision of my life, as my hair was just so damaged afterwards that it took a lot of exactly two years to recover again. But as well as I have tired nearly every single colour on my hair, I have tried nearly all of the products that claim to help with damaged hair, that is out there. Let me tell you, nothing and I repeat myself, NOTHING helped my hair to recover except one thing: STAYING AWAY FROM THAT HEAT! In all honesty after I have pushed my flat irons to the very back corner of my drawers, my hair looked like new, so if you suffer from really damaged hair then please, put that hair dryer, flat irons and curling irons away, you will thank me after that. Of course i had a lot of trims as well, as the split ends just needed to be chopped of, I even chopped nearly half of my hair of because I was that annoyed already. Now I'm trying to grow it very long and healthy.



Some products that I love to use at the moment, which I have discovered a few months back, would be the Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil range, TG S-Factor Smoothing Shampoo and the Serious Conditioner. These are my favourite shampoos and conditioners ever! They all leave my hair silky soft, and I usually switch between them just so my hair doesn't get used to any of them.

Around two times a month (at least I try to do it that often) I use some coconut oil and leave that in my hair for as long as I can. I always wash my hair twice with shampoo to make sure that all of that coconut oil is out of my hair as well as all of that gunk that was in the air and by now in my hair.



For styling purposes I only ever use some hair oil to make sure that my hair remains looking soft and healthy, but nothing else really. For that I've been using the Dove hair oil for absolutely ages.

Most of the time I just let my hair air dry nowadays, but if I'm feeling like I want to have straight hair then I will use a method which requires no heat. Yes, you've read right no heat straight hair, those curly heads out there will know my joy about my discovery! I will link the video to it down below for all of you who are interested in trying it out!

That actually is all I do with my hair so I guess that's going to be it for today. I hope you enjoyed it and let me know some products that you use and you think I might be intrigued to try out. Stay tuned for tomorrow's post, the end of blogmas is near us.

Products mentioned:

Straight Hair Without Heat

Bumble and Bumble Invisible Oil Range

TG S-Factor Smoothing Shampoo

TG S-Factor Serious Conditioner

Mary tobogganing off xx


0 comments