Night Time Skincare Routine | Blogmas with thegoodway

Hello everybody!

I hope everyone's enjoying Blogmas with thegoodway so far, as I am really putting all of my heart into this and thoroughly enjoying it myself. Have you already watched a lot of christmas movies? I did for sure, you might know this already if you're following me over on twitter. But anyways let's start with today's blog post!

Today I will tell you all about my night time skincare routine, last blog post was my morning routine so this is the following for that!

Now at night time you have got a lot more time than in the morning, so here you've got more time to spend on your skin.

First things first I take out my contact lenses to make sure that I don't get any dirt or makeup on them whilst removing it. (No photo needed for that, as I am disgusted by it myself!)



To start off with removing my makeup I'm using the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, phew that's a mouthful, this stuff is my absolute favourite of all time, though I have to admit I haven't tried that many cleansers, actually the only things I used to use where micellar waters which I have gone off massively now. Though I like using the Simple micellar water if I have been wearing a lot of makeup that day just to make sure that all of the makeup's gone and my skin is squeaky clean. I massage the cleanser all over my face and remove it with a damp cloth to get the most use out of it.

No shame for my panda face, please!




Next step is to wash my face with the Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash, the same that I use in the morning, I always double cleanse as I think it's way more effective and better for your skin. As I am still in my teenager years I'm naturally prone to getting blemishes and this wash helps a lot with cutting those down.



At this point I love using the Simple Kind to Skin Toner, it's really soothing as the name would suggest and calms my skin down.



Another great thing for reducing blemishes is the La Roche Posay Serozinc toner, I use this every night and I have noticed a dramatic difference ever since I started using it.



Then for obvious reasons I am brushing those teeth again with my Colgate toothpaste. After that I jump into the shower and moisturise my body.

When my body is all moisturised and I've got my PJ's on it's time to do my skincare.
If I have got any blemishes that night then I will use, again a La Roche Posay thing, the Effaclar Duo Plus. A few months back I used to use this all over my face as I had really bad skin but now I only ever use it when really needed as my skin just got really used to it and didn't work for me properly anymore.

After that I put on my eye cream, and again my trusty Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado, I just absolutely love this stuff!

Then it's time to put on my oil, I am using the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate which I am loving at the moment. This is again a product that I didn't really know how to work with but I think I have found my way how it's best to apply. Now where it's winter time I use it every single night but if my skin doesn't feel that dry then I will use my Origins Make A Difference Plus moisturiser.



For the very last steps I use a lip balm, usually the same as I used in the morning, and the second before I go to bed I use a hand cream, as my hands get really dry during winter and actually all year round.

So, that's it for my night time skincare routine, I hope you enjoyed today's blog post, as always. Please let me know what you use at night I really do want to try out some new things, so leave your suggestions in the comments down below!

Mary tobogganing off xx

0 comments