Winter Essentials | Blogmas with thegoodway

Hello everybody!

Welcome to the first blog post of Blogmas, whoop whoop! If you haven’t caught the news yet and are slightly confused of why I am uploading on a Friday, then go and check out my recent blog post where all your questions will be answered. But let us get started with today’s blog post.

Today I am going to tell you all about my winter essentials, now I know that a lot of people write about their summer and autumn essentials but I never really saw one about winter, if I’m wrong then please feel free to correct me and leave me some posts in the comments down below as I am really intrigued to know other people’s essentials.

But getting to mine I thought I would do a mix of pretty much everything you can think of, we have some food, fashion, make-up and so on and on.

Fashion

For my first winter essential I simply stuck with a big cosy coat. I love coats for the winter time, I’m not a huge fan of jackets or those thick and proper down jackets, I’m a coat gurl for sure! This year I decided to go for a classic grey one from Mango, it’s in a boyfriend style so a bit oversized and nicely snugly shaped, but I also got it in a larger size than I actually am as layering is key in the winter time so you will need to be able to fit a chunky knit underneath as well.



Sticking with the cosy theme, I got this mustard yellow checked scarf from Zara, which is probably the softest thing I have ever touched in my life! My mum even used it as blanket once as she just didn’t want to take it off. It’s definitely a statement piece in your wardrobe so if you don’t like to go all out there then this one wouldn’t be for you but if you can get over the fact that people are going to stare at you because you’re being all stylish then get it, you won’t regret it!



Beauty

Red lipstick has got be the most popular essential for everyone in winter/Christmas time. So it is for me but instead of showing you just one I decided to show you nearly my whole collection of red lipsticks, which is still to be grown by amazing other lipsticks!


The classic and cult one: Rimmel Kate Moss 107 

Classic Red: Mac Viva Glam 1
Berry Red: Inglot

For Nails I’ve got quite a few to show you but my absolute favourite for the Christmas time is the one from Chanel!

Ciaté



Chanel



Essie


Coming to the more random stuff I thought it would be fun to include things that aren’t an item but still an essential for probably a lot of people around the world.

Baking

Baking is one of my personal favourite things to do to calm me down. But what I just love about it is that you bring people joy when baking them something or just bringing a freshly baked tray of biscuits to your friend’s house and seeing their happy faces is up there with my top 3 favourite things to do and see, also it’s just super fun to bake with friends and family. Let’s be honest everyone of us has had a flour fight at least once in their life!

Here are a few of my favourite baking recipes:

Niomi Smart's Banana Bread

Oat Banana Biscuits


Baths

A good old shopping spree in Lush itself is already like the biggest joy ever but when it comes to using all of your bath bombs, melts and that kind of stuff in your actual bath then things are getting seriously cosy, just as you would like a winter evening to be. With a cuppa and a good read your evening is all ready to begin and ready to take you to your dreaming world.


And of course what would winter and pre-christmas time be without the annual red cup from Starbucks?



These have been my winter essentials for this year, though there would be some more to go for, but if I was to tell you every single essential of mine then we would be here for a while. Let me know your essentials for this time of year in the comments down below, I would love to read and try them out!


Mary tobogganing offline xx 

0 comments