The Goodway Book Club Session 2

Hello you beautiful people,

and welcome back to our book club! I do hope that all of you are doing extremely well and that your week has been good so far.

Today is our second session of "The Goodway Book Club" and I am so happy that my first two books got so many good responses! I really can see that a lot of you are enjoying this book club, so if you do decide to enter please let me know by leaving me a comment! But for now, grab yourself a cuppa and enjoy!


1. Love From Paris - Alexandra Potter



A novel written by British author Alexandra Potter. She was born in Yorkshire and has worked for the Australian Vogue and Cleo magazine. With her never ending passion for what she loves, Alexandra has made her dream come true and made it her job to write her very own novels. Ten books in total have been published so far just like "What's new, Pussycat?" or "Do You Come Here Often?", "Love from Paris" being the newest one. 



How far would you go for love?

When new boyfriend Jack stands her up at the airport, Ruby Miller dries he tears, jumps on the Eurostar and heads to Paris. She thinks she's going there to visit an old friend and have a total break from romance. But the City of Love has other ideas.

A locked apartment where time has stood still, a bundle of long-lost love letters and a flirtatious French lawyer sweep Ruby into a mystery that spans three-quarters of a century. Who is the author of the letters? Why did the owner of the apartment close up the shutters and flee form Paris from the war? And what secret was she hiding?

As the mystery deepens, Ruby turns love detective but it's not long before the ghosts of the past throw her own love affair into jeopardy.

You want to read it? Tell me if you get your hands on it and let's read together, I always tweet about my currant reads. On Sunday, September the 25th I will upload my review of this book where we can discuss everything in the comment section together!

2. The Opposite Of Loneliness - Marina Keegan



An Essay and stories from Yale graduate Marina Keegan. Aged 23 she graduated from Yale University and sadly passed away shortly after that. She has inspired the world with her knowledge and talent shown in "The Opposite of Loneliness" and so she is going to inspire us!


An affecting and hope-filled posthumous collection from the talented young Yale graduate whose title essay captured the world's attention in 2012 and turned her into an icon for her generation.

Marina Keegan's star was on the rise when she graduated magna cum laude from Yale in May 2012. Tragically, five days after graduation, Marina died in a car crash.

Her unforgettable last essay for the "Yale Daily News", "The Opposite of Loneliness", went viral, receiving more than 1.4 million hits. Marina had struck a chord.

"The Opposite of Loneliness" captures the hope, uncertainty and possibility of her generation and articulates the universal struggle that all of us face as we figure out what we aspire to be and how we can harness our talents to make and impact on the world.

I am so happy that I found this book, as it sounds so inspiring and interesting that I can't wait to start reading it. I do hope that I was able to inspire some of you to read this one too, do let me know if you do! This book's review will go up on Sunday, October the 30th. 

That's going to be it for today's announcement, if you do choose to join "The Goodway Book Club" leave a comment or send me and email to let me know that! If you have any questions about the books along the reading time don't hesitate to ask me anywhere on my social medias or here on my blog! I'd love you to join me here on my blog so don't forget to follow me!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments