What I Eat In A Day #2 | thegoodway

Hello you beautiful bunch of people,

and welcome back to my blog. If you are new here then a very warm hello from me, I hope you will enjoy the content of "The Goodway" and that you keep sticking around! But for now just grab yourself a cuppa and enjoy today's post!

Today is another episode of a "What I eat in a day" post as I really liked putting the first one together and you guys seemed to like it too so I hope you will enjoy this one just as much.

If you're not familiar with this type of post then you should know that this started on YouTube as a video where you basically share what meals you have in a day with everyone. I liked the idea of that so much that I decided to give it a go as a blog post and it turned out pretty good!

All of these recipes may not be my own but I will mention if they are from someone else, and they are all vegan | refined sugar free | gluten free | no additives


Blueberry Pancakes


You will need:

280 g Buckwheat flour

2 tsp Baking powder

2 tsp Ground Cinnamon (or more if you love it just as much as I do!)

1/4 tsp Salt

250 ml Unsweetened Almond Milk 

125 ml Water

3 Tbsp  Maple Syrup

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

200 g fresh Blueberries

Toppings:

A Handful fresh Raspberries

Coconut Flakes

Maple Syrup

Method:

Mix together all of the dry ingredients, leaving out the blueberries, in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center. In a smaller mixing bowl mix together all of your wet ingredients and stir until everything is combined nicely. Pour the wet mixture in the well of the dry mixture and stir until a batter forms.

Set aside for 10 minutes with a kitchen towel over the top to leave to rest.

In the mean time heat a large frying pan over medium heat with a generous amount of vegetable or coconut oil. Carefully stir the blueberries into the batter. Spoon around 3 Tablespoons worth of the batter into the center of the pan and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. 

Serve with a generous drizzle of maple syrup, fresh raspberries and coconut flakes, enjoy!

Top Tip:

If you don't like almond milk then you can use any plant based milk you like, I sometimes like to use coconut milk because I'm a coconut addict!

It's very important to use more oil a the beginning as otherwise they turn hard on the top whereas we want the to be crispy. 





Afternoon Tea & Snack








Coconut Mushroom Risotto by Deliciously Ella

This recipe is one of my absolute favourite ones of all time! You guys know by now how much I love the cook books of Ella Woodward and if you don't know her then I'd highly recommend you go and visit her blog and you can read about both of her books on my blog here Deliciously Ella Books.
You can find this exact recipe in her second book "Deliciously Ella Every Day" but nowhere on her blog that's why I'm going to write it out in this post but all rights of this recipe go to Ella Woodward as a creator of this recipe.

You will need:

3 cloves crushed Garlic

2 tsp dried Thyme

2 tsp dried Oregano 

1 tsp ground Cumin

3 Tbsp Olive Oil

250 g sliced Chestnut Mushrooms

1 - 2 400 ml Cans Coconut Milk

250 g short-grain brown Rice

100 g Frozen Peas

Juice of 1 Lime

Juice of 1 Lemon

Salt and Pepper

Method:

In a large saucepan put the olive oil, crushed garlic, thyme, oregano and cumin and heat this very gently for a minute then put in the sliced mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes longer. This way the mushrooms will be coated with herbs. 

Measure out 350 ml of boiled water and pop that into the mushrooms along with 1 can of coconut milk, the rice, lime juice, salt and pepper. Place the lid on the pan and bring it to the boil, once it has boiled for a few minutes reduce the heat to a simmer. Leave it to simmer for 45 minutes whilst stirring every now and then, this is very important because the rice tends to stick to bottom o the pan very easily. 

If you use two cans of coconut milk then gradually mix this into the mixture during those 45 minutes. I halfed the recipe in the book so usually you are meant to only 1 can of coconut milk but I find that my risotto needed more liquid that's why I used two, just keep an eye on the texture of yours to see if it needs more!

Pop in the frozen peas and lemon juice and let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes. 

Serve on a plate or in a bowl for a more comfortable feeling as this recipe is such a homey and hearty meal!

Top Tip:

In the book Ella also gives you a recipe for a basil cream to serve with the risotto, I had to leave it out as I am allergic to some nuts but if you want to make it then check out her book!




Netflix & Crisps

I do love me some crisps at night time whilst watching a movie or one of favourite TV series on Netflix. Today I went for some "Eat Real Hummus Crisps" with Chili and Lemon flavour, they absolutely delicious and free from sugar and additives! You can get them at Planet Organic, Tesco and Holland & Barret! 



That's going to be it for today guys, I do hope you enjoyed it if so then please make sure to share it over on your social medias and why not stick around for a while? You can follow my blog too so you keep up to date with it! I'd love you to tell me what you eat in a day in the comments down below!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments