TheGoodway Book Club: The Versions Of Us by Laura Barnett

Hello my beautiful friends,

and welcome back to our book club! I do hope that you're doing very good and that you enjoyed our first book which you can read about here TheGoodway Book Club: I Heart London. But now grab yourself a cuppa and let's talk about our second book.


"The Versions Of Us" is a novel written by Laura Barnett, British writer for "The Daily Telegraph" and a new author since last year. If you want to know more about Laura then keep reading here The Goodway Book Club.

This book is telling the story of Eva and Jim, two students at university in three different versions. And so are the both of them too, more than different and noway near the same in any way.

Sadly I have to admit that I really didn't enjoy reading this book, hens why I didn't even make it threw to the third chapter. It's so strange having to write such a thing, as I have never not liked a book in my life before.

I am utterly sorry for not being able to tell you more about the story itself, but I just really didn't like the concept of the book in the end. Which is a shame, really, as the fact that it is written in different compartments was the thing that drew me in in the first place. It just got very confusing and dizzy in my head as all of the versions really weren't very clear to me to understand. They were telling a story from somewhere out of the blue, and that just wasn't for me. It certainly was missing this breadcrumb trail, as you call it,  running threw the book.

But you see, you never know where a book might go, and if you will end up liking it or not is totally up to your personality and personal book preferences.

But pretty please, if you have read the book, let everyone else and me know how the book went on, if you liked it, what you might have liked better and your personal opinion. I would absolutely love to know what you thought of this book. I might give this book a second go in the future, like in a few years, maybe I will be able to understand it better then, if I do then you will be the first one to be informed of that!

That's it for our second book of the "The Goodway Book Club", I will shortly put up a new post with our next two books to read. Let me know what you're thinking of the book club so far, if you've enjoyed the books I have chosen and some suggestions for future reads!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments