Marinated Strawberry Salad | thegoodway

Hello my beautiful friends,

I hope all of you are doing really well! How are your holidays going so far?,let me know in the comments down below! Mine are spent with working, but just for this month and then I'm off to relax and take some me time. You might be wondering why I'm uploading on a Wednesday, well that's due to my Summer special, where I will be uploading a post every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday until the beginning of September. I hope you will enjoy it just as much as I enjoy putting my effort into the posts but now let me stop rambling and let's get started with today's post!

Today I will show you how to create a perfect, unique and very delicious salad with two very special ingredients: Strawberries and Balsamic Vinegar. These two make the perfect combination for summer. The sweetness but light sourness of the strawberries mixed with the very sour balsamic vinegar equals perfection in a bowl.

You'll need:

1 large handful of Lambert's Salad

2 handfuls of fresh Strawberries

Pomegranate Seeds

5 Tbsp Olive Oil

3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar

Salt

Pepper

2 slices of Toast

2 slices of vegan Cheese

Optional:

Chili Flakes


Method:

Wash the Lambert's salad and the strawberries thoroughly. Cut the strawberries into quarters and add them with the salad into a medium sized mixing bowl. Season it with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and give it a good mix. Pop the marinated salad into a serving bowl, put as many pomegranate seeds as you want on top and if you're using the chili flakes then sprinkle them over the top now. Put your cheese toast into the toaster now. Cut the ready toast in half and put it as a side dish to the salad. Ready to eat and enjoy!

Top Tip:

If you want a more stingy and intense flavour then put the cut strawberries with the balsamic vinegar into a glass jar, seal the lid and pop it in the fridge for ten minutes.






And that's my idea of a perfect summer salad which gives you this kick of freshness and sourness. I do hope you liked it, if you did and recreate it at home then please don't forget to send me a photo of it and tag me on Twitter, Instagram or Tumblr. See you next time!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments