Chanterelle Sauce - Traditional Austrian Food

Hello everybody,

and welcome back to my blog! You can tell that I love my food by now, can't you? By amount of recipes I have uploaded in the past week you could believe that my blog is changing into a food blog only (not going to happen for real though, no worries!). Anyways, I'm rambling as always, so just grab yourself a cuppa, get comfy and enjoy!

Chanterelle Sauce


Chanterelle Sauce is a very traditional meal in Austria, but you can find them in any country nowadays. As I do enjoy cooking and baking, and having a lot of fun with different types of food, like Asian, British, Italian,... I thought it would be a great idea to share some of those traditional 
recipes with you. 

vegan | refined sugar free | gluten free

Serves: 3 - 4

You'll need:

300g Chanterelles

1 Medium Sized Onion

1 - 2 Tbsp Olive Oil

1/2 l Water

1 1/2 - 2 Tbsp Vegetable Stock Powder

Soy or Coconut Cuisine 

Cornstarch


Method:

Dice your onion into small cubes and sauté them in the olive oil in a large sauce pan until they are translucent.

Trim the Chanterelles and wash them for just a second with some water. 
(It is important that you don't leave the Chanterelles under the water for too long as mushrooms tend to soak up with water and then taste like nothing!)

Chop the Chanterelles coarsely and add them to your sauce pan. Let them braise for approximately 5 minutes on medium heat.

Now add the water and season with vegetable stock powder, you can use as much or little as you want depending on how tasty you want it.

Cook for minimum 5 minutes and maximum 10 minutes. 

To improve the sauce add in a packet of soy or coconut cuisine, this will make it even creamier.

Bind the sauce with some cornstarch.

Season it with salt pepper as much as you like and serve with some home made dumplings.

And e voilà you have a perfect, delicious and creamy main course.



And well that's about it really, I don't think that it takes up a lot of time nor a lot of effort but it still is so delicious. Honestly this and pumpkin dishes scream Autumn to me and I love Chanterelles so if you can get your hands on some that I highly recommend you do so!

That's going to be it for today, if you liked it then make sure to let me know that in the comments down below and to share it on your social media's! If you do recreate it then don't forget to tag me on Instagram or Twitter because I see it all and I'd love to see all of your creations! Also you can follow my blog with just one click for free with that you will be notified whenever I upload a new blog post!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments