By Terry Ombre Black Star Review

Hello everyone,

how are you beautiful people? Can you believe we are already nearing September? Like where did the time go, I still remember writing my New Years Resolutions like it was yesterday, time flies! Let me know how your year has been so far, I'm very curious, but let me stop rambling now! Grab yourself a cuppa, lean back and enjoy today's post!



Today's makeup review is about one of the most hyped up products in the Beauty Blogger industry, the "By Terry Ombre Black Star". Ridiculously expensive, a huge variety of shades and let's be honest, they all look rather pretty!


If you're not familiar with the " By Terry Ombre Black Star" then you should know that these are basically cream eyeshadows in a stick form, just very much high end if you will.



The texture of these cream eyeshadows is beyond creamy, they feel like something whipped just for your eye lids. Very light weight, goes on extremely smoothly but the blend ability is not the best. That's where I come to the down side of this product, although the shadow basically glides on your eye lid, it's not as blend able as I would like to be. You really need to work fast with these, best one eye at a time, as otherwise they set and don't budge at all, which is, of course, later on perfect but definitely not something you need when you're about to blend it out.

Speaking of  lasting the longevity of them is incredible, once applied and set they will stay on all day and all night! For me personally, I need to use a primer as everything creases on my oily eyelids but if you can usually go without one then you definitely won't need one with these ones either.

Having tried it for over a year by now, I have to say that my first thought when I first tried it was "Oh my God that's just way to much shimmer!", and that coming from a girl who occasionally likes to wear glitter is a biggy.  But to calm you down, that was just the first layer of the stick. In that first layer must have been a tad too much shimmer than in the rest of it. I promise you if you have the same issue, then keep going the actual cream eyeshadow stick will transform into a dreamy shade with just the right amount of shimmer in it!

You can remove them with an oil based makeup remover or a cleansing balm, both work equally just as fine and without a hassle it's gone.

Now let's talk about the price. With it's price tag of £29.00 it must be one of the priciest eye shadows in the makeup history. You're probably asking yourself now "Is it worth the money and the hype?". To answer your question, if you have the budget I would highly recommend you checking it out, they have so many gorgeous shades in the range and are a dream to apply and a pleasure to wear.


If I had to recommend one shade it would be "Misty Rock". It's that well known shade that looks different on everyone! I haven't seen one makeup tutorial that looked similar in any possible way even though Misty Rock was always the one shadow being used. It's the perfect shade if you have brown eyes as it has a muted pinky, lilac-y undertone which makes brown eyes pop!




That's going to be it for today, I do hope that you liked reading about one of these hyped up products, if you did then please let me know that by leaving me comment! Have you tried it? Let me know what your thoughts are on this. Don't forget that if you have any request for a makeup review or any other blog post that you can send me them via email or over on Twitter. Also your can follow my blog to keep up to date with everything I upload!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments