Empties & Would I Repurchase

Hello everybody,

and welcome back to my blog or if you're new here than hi, I'm Mary and I hope you'll have a good time here on my blog!

Today's post is another of the YouTube video ideas transformed into a post, I really enjoy doing these types of posts, although I do want to give filming a video a go too, which I might already have done and you might see one soon, so keep your eyes peeled. It's going to be a post showing you what products I used up, telling how I liked them and if I would repurchase them. So for now just grab yourself a cuppa and enjoy!


I actually have quite a few skincare items to talk about so let's start with those.

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter


One of the weirdest makeup removers I probably have tried. It has such a weird texture, it kind of feels like a dry but smooth butter, so the name suits just perfectly. When you first scoop it out of the tin it remains in the form of a butter but as soon as you start rubbing it in between your hands it transforms into an oil like consistency. Then you just rub it all over your face and it literally takes all of my makeup off in no time! It doesn't leave a greasy film over my skin, it just leaves it soft and cleaned. All in one I would say that it's a very good makeup remover but it's been ridiculously expensive, but only recently the Body Shop changed their price for this and now it comes to £10.00 in total.


Origins Gin Zing Eye Cream


If you have read my blog for quite a while now, then you will know how much I love Origins skincare products, they are just amazing! This eye cream is very well known in the blogger and YouTube compartment, so I decided to try it. Now first of all I want to talk about how long this lasts, because it lasted me around 2 or 3 months, which is nothing compared to some other eye creams I have tried! And now onto the cream itself, honestly I really didn't like it, I tried so hard to fall in love with it but it just wasn't doing anything for my eyes at all. It didn't brighten nor did it moisturise and for £20.00 it really was disappointing, so it's a no from me.

Yes To Grapefruit Dark Spot Correcting Serum


You might have heard me talk about this in my Updated Morning Skincare Routine post, if you did then you will know what I'm about to say. This product has changed my life! Yes, life, I felt so ugly with the amount of scars I had on my face, not even my fullest coverage foundation would cover them. But this serum changed it all, it made nearly all of my scars vanish with the exception of two very stubborn ones but honestly that doesn't bother me at all. The only downside to this is the smell, but I think when a product makes your skin clear up completely then we can all overlook the scent! It contains 99% natural ingredients, they are cruelty free and it's only £9.99 where can you go wrong with this? I will 100% repurchase this serum!

Clarins Hydra Quench Intensive Bi-Phase Serum


I suffer from quite dehydrated skin as I'm really bad with drinking enough water and that reflects on my skin, so drink enough water people! But due to my dehydrated skin I was on the hunt for a serum that was only going to give my skin a lot of hydration that's when I discovered this beauty. Clarins has made its way into my heart over the last couple of months. I have some makeup and some skincare bits from them and they are all very good quality and I love them! So it was no different to this serum, I liked it a lot, it did the job very well left my skin feeling plumped and soft. The only bad thing about this product is the ridiculously high price tag with £44 for a 30ml bottle. It definitely was a good serum but I want to try some other ones as well as there are just so many on the market! But if you do want to try a nice and hydrating serum and you have the budget then I would recommend you do so!


Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser Normal/Combination


I don't know what it is about this product that I am so unsure of. I just can't make up my mind whether I like or not, because I had a feeling that it didn't really do much to my skin but then again my skin looked amazing at the time when I used to use it. If it was down to this product in particular or to my whole skincare regime in general I don't have a clue. But I would say this is a product that everyone needs to try for themselves, so I'm sorry that I can't give your more information, but this just was a very confusing moisturiser for me and for that I probably wouldn't buy it again. It only contains natural ingredients has a total amount of 50ml and costs £20.25, so it's not that bad, I remember that I got it in a set that I ordered a while ago.


L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper


I've had this brow gel for so long now, that I can't even remember when I actually bought it for the first time. It has lasted me for over a year probably, and it was a genius product. I have very unruly brows that have a mind of their own, as my normal hair, and this brow setting gel literally set them in place and they wouldn't move all day that was amazing! I still use the wand with the spoolie on the end with some hairspray and it works just fine! And really for £5.99 you can't go wrong with a high street brow gel so I would definitely repurchase it!


Benefit Roller Lash Mascara


Probably the most cult and well known product on my blog! Has there ever been a makeup look without this mascara? I don't think so! I don't even feel the need to say a lot about it as I have talked about it in so many posts but if you haven't read those (just search for any makeup look and I guarantee you'll read about it) than I will quickly tell you about it. It is a very black, separating and lengthening mascara which I want a mascara to do for me, as I have really short eye lashes. This mascara makes my lashes look at least 3 times longer than they actually are and it doesn't fade threw out the day. As many mascaras tend to loose the length they have given at first during the day this one definitely stays put all day long and it doesn't smudge on me, hurrah! I actually have repurchased this already last year, this is my second bottle and it lasted me so well, like I have gone threw two of them in over a year which is not bad! It is on the pricier side as Benefit is high end but even with it being £19.50 I would always repurchase it! (Though I have just bought a brand new and different one, like whaaaaat?)

So that's it for my empties, I do hope that you enjoyed this type of post if you did then do let me know that by leaving me a comment down below so I know to do more of these! Also if you have tried any of the mentioned products and have different opinions or some tips on how to use them then please leave them down below as well, I would love to read them and you would help others out too! Don't forget to follow and subscribe to my blog so you never miss any of my posts!

Mary going offline xx

0 comments