Santa's Porridge Recipe ❅Blogmas Day 15❅

Hello my shining stars,

and welcome to Blogmas day ❅15❅! *Christmas song playing in the background* I hope all of you are doing really really well and that you're having a good time! Without rambling too much today, just grab yourself a hot chocolate, get all cosy and keep on reading today's post!

In all these Santa Clause Christmas movies, they show us how Santa drinks a really nice hot chocolate and some sort of food. Now I have shared my Ultimate Christmas Hot Chocolate recipe last year during Blogmas, so I thought why not try to make a Santa inspired porridge? I'm pretty much positive that all of us have at least a picture in mind of how this porridge would look like if it was Santa's, so I have tried my best in creating something that tastes just like Christmas, I hope you enjoy!



Heat up your almond milk over a medium heat. Once it starts slightly bubbling add your oats and let them cook for around five minutes, stirring occasionally. In the mean time, take a frying pan and put a little bit of coconut oil in it over a medium heat. Slice up 3/4 of your banana into bite sized pieces and the rest of it in half. Lay the banana slices into the pan and let them fry for a minute before sprinkling over the coconut sugar. Let the coconut sugar caramelise before flipping the banana slices and coating them with the coconut caramel as well. If you feel like they need a bit more at this point, then feel free to add another teaspoon of coconut sugar. Peel and core your apple and great half of it into your porridge. Add as much cinnamon as you like, as well as your maple syrup to it too and stir to combine.

Put half of the porridge into a bowl and scoop the peanut butter on top if it before adding the remaining porridge over it. Take your caramelised banana slices and arrange them as you wish. Finish with a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkle of granola, cinnamon and coconut chips.




I know that so many people think that porridge is bland and doesn't taste of anything, but honestly it just depends on how you make it and what spices you use. You can make porridge that blows everyone's mind and tastes amazing, and for me this is it! Don't be afraid of experimenting with flavours, ingredients and spices they make it all the better!

And that's how I imagine Santa's porridge would be served and taste! I hope you enjoyed it, if you did then please share this recipe over on your social media's. If you recreate it then make sure to post a photo if it and to tag me in it, I'd love to see all of you amazing photos! Also don't forget to follow my blog on Bloglovin' and to subscribe here, that way you never miss a post of mine!

Do you like porridge? If so what ingredients do you use?

Mary tobogganing offline xx 

2 comments

  1. Oh wow, this looks so, sooo tasty - definitely need to try this very soon! I am in love with your recipes :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you so much girl! Thank you for your continued support! Definitely send me a photo of your recreation because I'm such a nosy person, haha xoxo

      Delete