Things I Love About Christmas ❅Blogmas Day 2❅

Hello, my shining stars,

and welcome back to Blogmas Day ❅2❅! *Christmas music playing in the background* Are you enjoying the most beautiful time of the year as much as I am? I hope all of you're doing really well, I'm in such a good mood despite school being dreadfully exhausting! That's what I call the magic of Christmas if you know what I mean! Anyways, why don't you just grab yourself a hot chocolate, get all cosy and keep on reading?

Source: http://www.pptbackgrounds.org/christmas-with-snow-and-lights-backgrounds.html
As you might have already noticed I'm an absolute sucker for everything Christmas related and I LOVE Christmas time! So I thought what better time to share all the things I love about Christmas with you.

Christmas Books

What better time to snuggle up on the sofa with a cosy blanket, candles lit and a good book of a Christmas story, than during this time of year? I love reading to get a clear head and to zone out for a few hours. If you need some book recommendations, then make sure to check out my The Goodway Book Club Christmas Edition, where I share two of the books I'll be reading this December!

Hot Chocolate

There's nothing better than adding a good cup of hot chocolate to your snuggling up on the sofa with a good book. Hot chocolates have a real cosiness factor, which just adds to feeling all warm, fuzzy and cosy.

Christmas Markets

I have this tradition with my best friends, where we stroll around the heart of the city and walk through all kinds of Christmas markets and enjoy the festive spirit. It's such a beautiful and fun thing to do, I mean can you imagine anything better than walking around Christmas markets, dressed in a warm coat and a beautiful thick scarf, having a cup of mulled wine on your hands and laughing with your best friends? I most certainly can't and I get so excited about this tradition every year!

Walking through the lit streets

Another tradition I do every single year with my mum is going out at night, walking through the neighbourhood and having a look at all the different decorated houses and balconies. It's so calming and beautiful to see all the lights, twinkling in every colour and all the different motives! Besides my mum and I get to chat about everything and anything during this walk!

Christmas Lights

Fairy lights are the BOMB! If I could I would have them all over my house and probably even over myself! And my mum even believes me that, as she's getting slightly annoyed with my obsession over twinkling lights in every corner (sorry not sorry, haha). But they just make everything feel so much cosier and they make everything look so beautiful!

Christmas Trees

Driving out into the woods, to a Christmas tree place and picking out the one of that year must be one of my absolute favourite things to do during this time! I'm usually the one of our family who gets to choose which one gets to come home with us, and I bloody love it! Who picks out the tree in your family?

Foooooood

I mean does it get any more obvious than that? I don't think so... Who doesn't love a warming and hearty meal when it's all cold outside? It doesn't necessarily need to be a Christmas related meal, but just the thought of creamy mashed potatoes with some delicious gravy is making me drool!

Baking Christmas Goods

Another food-related thing, but come on, it doesn't get any more Christmas-y than baking gingerbread men, Christmas biscuits or mince pies! GOD, the mince pies, I'm obsessed! I can eat a whole batch in one day, that's how much I love them, and they are super easy to make too!

Spreading love and festivity

Might sound a bit cheesy, but that's one of my favourite things about Christmas time. When you can share all of your festivity with your loved ones. I know you should let people know that you love them all year round but I think Christmas time is the most beautiful time of the year (ha, see what I did there?) to let your loved ones know that you love them even more!

Spending time with family & friends

This is most certainly my favourite thing out of all the ones just mentioned. I just think there is nothing better than being surrounded by all your friends, sitting together maybe having a Christmas Dinner party, or just chatting away but anything and everything. What my family and I particularly like to do on the weekend is having a game night, where we play all kinds of games and just have a good time!


These are a just a few of my favourite things about this time of year, but most certainly not all of them! Do you have any traditions with your friends or family? Let me know in the comments down below, I'd love to know them! Don't forget to follow my blog here, on Bloglovin' as well as on Twitter where I keep you updated about my life during Christmas time, and so you won't miss a Blogmas post!

Mary tobogganing offline xx

0 comments