Christmas Party Makeup Look - Cut Crease & Glitter Liner ❅Blogmas Day 3❅

Hello my shining stars,

and welcome to Blogmas Day ❅3❅! *Christmas song playing in the background* How are you all doing? I do hope only good! It's the first Christmasy weekend and I'm enjoying it with lots of Christmas movies, drinking hot chocolate and munching on some biscuits, how are you spending this weekend? Anyways, let me stop rambling, grab yourself a hot chocolate, get all cosy and keep on reading!

We all love Christmas time, and I know that all of the cosy blankets, Christmas movies, tea, biscuits and mince pies are very tempting to stay in but every now and then it's good to go outside and spread the love and festivity. Christmas parties aren't just ideal for that, they are so cool to attend to, as you can glam up for once (everyone loves to glam up..), get to wear a really nice outfit, get to see friends and colleagues and you get food and drinks, what sounds wrong about that?

I have come up with a makeup look that would be perfect for any Christmas party! It's just very festive and includes glitter, who doesn't love a bit of sparkle in their life?

Base:

For my foundation I used my most recent purchase the Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation, to blend that into my skin I used my damp Beauty Blender. You really don't need a lot of this foundation at all, one pump was more than enough to cover my entire face and make it look flawless. To conceal underneath my eyes I took my Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, I just popped that on in a triangular shape and, again, blended that in with my Beauty Blender. It's not really a necessity to powder with this foundation as it already is quite matte but I used a bit of the Maybelline Matte Maker underneath my eyes and on the rest of my face just to set everything into place.

Moving onto contouring my face, to give it more shape and structure, I used my usual Sleek Contour Kit, put a small amount of product onto my Real Techniques Blush Brush, squished that together and started contouring my cheekbones, jawline and a bit on my temples too. For blusher and highlighter I took my new favourite item the Mac Nutcracker Sweet Peach Face Compact, and just applied the blusher onto my cheeks and the highlighter on the very high points of my face though avoiding to bring it in too close to my actual apples of my cheeks.

Brows:

Brows are so important, they just finish off a face completely and frame your face. So to fill in any gaps and spares areas I took my Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in the shade Soft Brown. I don't think I have mentioned this on my blog yet, but I have been using this for quite a while now and I LOVE it!

Eyes:

Moving onto the probably most exciting and important part of the makeup, the eyes. To prime my eyes for all the shadows, I took my Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and set that into place with the same powder that I used for my face. I'm starting off with my Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette, with the shade Combust on a medium sized pencil brush, and slowly worked that a tiny bit above my actual crease. Taking my Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics 2 palette and the shade Frisk to deepen it slightly.

Layering is key to this look so make sure you slowly build up the intensity! Going back to my Naked Smoky palette I used the shade Password, only a very small amount of it and did the exact same as before, only winging it out every so slightly on the outer corner. For the final crease shade, I used Whisky and repeated the same steps once more. Now to make it a cut crease I took a bit if my concealer on a flat brush and cut the crease, basically. To set the concealer into place I once more, went back to my Nake Ultimate Basics palette and took the shade Skimp.

Now onto the fun part, the glitter! For that, I used my Urban Decay Heavy Metall Glitter Liner in the shade Glamrock and just created a winged liner as you would with a normal black liquid liner. If you're not good at doing a wing, this is perfect for you as glitter is way more forgiving than liquid liner, so just try and even if you make some mistakes it's fine! Mine aren't perfect either but definitely better than my usual attempts on winged liner!

Then I just curled my lashed and piled on my Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. Working on the lower lashline I just used the shade Whisky again and blended it onto my lower lashline, applied a bit of glitter too and some black kohl liner in my waterline. To finish off the eyes I applied the same mascara on my bottom lashes.

Lips:

And last but not least, I applied a nude lipstick, you can totally go all out and rock a red lip, I'm sure that would look stunning too! But for me, I'm all about the comfort, and besides, you're going to eat and drink a lot so it doesn't matter if your nude lipstick rubs off. I used my Urban Decay Lipstick in the shade Liar.


That's the finished look, and I absolutely love the outcome! I was a bit worried at first, as I never did a cut crease before but I think with doing it with a pencil brush and cleaning up with some concealer afterwards is the simplest and easiest way of doing it!

Now, I hope that you liked this look and that you're going to try it out yourself! If you do then please make sure to take a photo, post it on social media and tag me! I would love to see all of your recreations! Also, don't forget to follow my blog and to subscribe so you won't miss out on the upcoming goodies of Blogmas!

Mary tobogganing offline xx

0 comments